Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

warning..get efibre installed and lose the use of your landline!

Options
  • 10-02-2015 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭

Anyway, my elderly inlaws got a cold call fom eircom telling them that their area is e fibre enabled and that there is a much cheaper package available.

fair enough installation date set, so  I could be around as well. anyway last sat morning call from the technician he is in the area and can call, doesn't really suit them as i not around, well if i cant install now you wil lose your place in the Q.

install done no phone working. I cal lin sat afternoon and ring eircom.....and do the rounds with eircom customer service spoke to johnathan, stacey and kanya.........evntually told it takes two days to reactivate the phone after an efibre install. Ok when i got e fibre in last july i don't recall this happening.

Monday comes so ring eircom again spoke to Patrice and Tom definately phoneline will be fixed by monday evening......

you guessed it Tuesday just off the phone to sarah......we are waiting for the phone line to be released from the previous service provider........but they are existing eircom customers just got upgraded to efibre. Ah well just have to wait ...........is the reply. You couldn't make it up!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭kooga

just to update..........rang again chose option faults............recorded message we are not aware of a fault on this line.

joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

kooga wrote: »
    Anyway, my elderly inlaws got a cold call fom eircom telling them that their area is e fibre enabled and that there is a much cheaper package available.

fair enough installation date set, so  I could be around as well. anyway last sat morning call from the technician he is in the area and can call, doesn't really suit them as i not around, well if i cant install now you wil lose your place in the Q.

install done no phone working. I cal lin sat afternoon and ring eircom.....and do the rounds with eircom customer service spoke to johnathan, stacey and kanya.........evntually told it takes two days to reactivate the phone after an efibre install. Ok when i got e fibre in last july i don't recall this happening.

Monday comes so ring eircom again spoke to Patrice and Tom definately phoneline will be fixed by monday evening......

you guessed it Tuesday just off the phone to sarah......we are waiting for the phone line to be released from the previous service provider........but they are existing eircom customers just got upgraded to efibre. Ah well just have to wait ...........is the reply. You couldn't make it up!!
    Hi kooga

I'm very sorry to hear of these issues, do feel free to PM me either the account, order or land line number and I will look in to this further

Thanks
    AL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭kooga

Alan service restored.
    Thank you
    Kooga

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

kooga wrote: »
    Alan service restored.
    Thank you
    Kooga
    Glad to hear this kooga and I will update Alan.
    Tony

Advertisement