Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sam Knows is watching eircom

Options
  • 10-02-2015 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭

hi
    would some one care to explain what is going with my connection.

it happens at the same time every day

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Same for me - at sometime around 6pm peformance just falls off a cliff.  the drop-offs are so pronounced and so regular that it's really hard to believe it's not a throttling system kicking in.  Sometime after midnight it magically fixes itself - again quite suddenly - not a gradual improvement you'd expect if useage was slowly dropping and more bandwidth was available to you.

I'd had this problem for 2 years now - Eircom refuse to acknowledge there's anything wrong - when enough people complain there's some hadwaving about broken cables and promises but nothing is ever explained or resolved.

The really strange thing for me is that whilst youtube and twitch are unusable. speedtest.net still shows almostt 30Mbps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

pH wrote: »
    Same for me - at sometime around 6pm peformance just falls off a cliff.  the drop-offs are so pronounced and so regular that it's really hard to believe it's not a throttling system kicking in.  Sometime after midnight it magically fixes itself - again quite suddenly - not a gradual improvement you'd expect if useage was slowly dropping and more bandwidth was available to you.

I'd had this problem for 2 years now - Eircom refuse to acknowledge there's anything wrong - when enough people complain there's some hadwaving about broken cables and promises but nothing is ever explained or resolved.

The really strange thing for me is that whilst youtube and twitch are unusable. speedtest.net still shows almostt 30Mbps.

Its not good enough if you ask me we are paying for a service I expect to get what I am paying for and with the price hike on the way as well this is pissing me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

naughto wrote: »
    hi
    would some one care to explain what is going with my connection.

it happens at the same time every day
    Hi naughto

If you would like to PM me your land line number I will look in to this for you. Am I right in reading that the performance experiences issues during peak times (after 6pm) ?

Thanks
    Al

Hi naughto

If you would like to PM me your land line number I will look in to this for you. Am I right in reading that the performance experiences issues during peak times (after 6pm) ?

Thanks
    Al

It can happen from 4 o clock on wards.will pm u now

Hi naughto

Thanks
    Al

It can happen from 4 o clock on wards.will pm u now
    Hi naughto

Thanks for the details, I will run tests and look in to this in detail. As soon as I have more information I'll be straight back to you

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi naughto

Thanks for the details, I will run tests and look in to this in detail. As soon as I have more information I'll be straight back to you

Cheers
    Al

Can you also find out when my contract is up.thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

I'm not on efibre but from the evening time my 13Mb/s speed drops to anything between 2-6Mb/s some days it's fine others it's not seems like eircom are struggling to handle all the evening traffic since all the fibre connections did get connected in my area..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi naughto

Cheers
    Al

Can you also find out when my contract is up.thanks
    checking this now naughto.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

jay93 wrote: »
    I'm not on efibre but from the evening time my 13Mb/s speed drops to anything between 2-6Mb/s some days it's fine others it's not seems like eircom are struggling to handle all the evening traffic since all the fibre connections did get connected in my area..
    Hi jay93,
    have you reported this to our tech support team on 1890260260? If not you should raise this with them, and they will be able to investigate for you.
    If you have already raised this issue and have previous fault ref number PM me the details and I can have further investigation on issue.
    Tony

Any update lads?

• Advertisement

any thing

any thing
    Hello naughto

Apologies for the delays, as your service is stand alone broadband I had to escalate to managers in technical support.

Our technical support team have got back to me advising that after running multiple tests they have been unable to identify what could be creating the issues you have reported.

I've been advised that there's no fault on this line internally nor externally and there has been no similar reports of this in your area.

There have been reports of high latency and packet loss to certain international servers such as thise used by Twitch and some online gaming sites and works to improve international routing are on an ongoing basis.

Technical support have advised me that the best advice they could offer you is to get in touch with them and they will run through live troubleshooting with you over a call to rule out a few possible contributing factors. They can be contacted on 1890260260 or via WebChat at eircom.ie/chatnow

Thanks
    Al

Thanks for the reply can you find out when my contract is up I think its June for some reason

Thanks for the reply can you find out when my contract is up I think its June for some reason
    No worries naughto

Your contract expires 10.07.2015 however if your package has been impacted by the recent price change you can chose not to continue without charge. To see if your package has been impacted by the price change please contact eircoms accounts department on free phone 1901.

Thanks
    Al

After the 10.7.2015 does it become a rolling contract?
    The connection has settled and is back to what its sapose to be again as I have being watching it.
    I don't no how it did but am glad it has.

The connection has settled and is back to what its sapose to be again as I have being watching it.
    Good to hear naughto

After 10.7.15 no contract applies and you can cancel anytime (unless you avail of an upgrade or alternative package of course)

Cheers
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I don't think I have ever heard Eircom admit to there being an issue but a lot issues just vanish not long after contacting Eircom and them telling you they couldn't find anything wrong.

my3cents wrote: »
    I don't think I have ever heard Eircom admit to there being an issue but a lot issues just vanish not long after contacting Eircom and them telling you they couldn't find anything wrong.
    Hi my3cents

When an issue is identified I will always be honest and help as much as possible however some issues will require attention from technical support for further investigation and in some cases some issues resolve themselves as quick as they appear.

If you have any concerns or queries with your service in the future please feel free to get in touch with me and I'll always do my best to help.

Cheers
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Hi Al

Ive been with eircom 9 months and promised 70 mbps.
    I've been getting an average of 40 mbps.

Lately I'm getting 20 if I'm lucky and down as low as 6 - 8 mbps.

I'll pm you my number if you could do a line test.

I've a master box thats been in the house longer than we are here. We're 30 years.
    Can it be upgraded? The cable from outside feeds into it.

thanks
    T

Hi Al

Ive been with eircom 9 months and promised 70 mbps.
    I've been getting an average of 40 mbps.

Lately I'm getting 20 if I'm lucky and down as low as 6 - 8 mbps.

I'll pm you my number if you could do a line test.

I've a master box thats been in the house longer than we are here. We're 30 years.
    Can it be upgraded? The cable from outside feeds into it.

thanks
    T
    Hi Elijah Wet Climber

I have looked in to this in full and I can confirm that there are no faults located on your line (externally nor internally).

I have discussed my test results with technical support directly and they feel the best thing to do is for you to call them directly when slow speeds occur as this this will give them the oppertunity to run some live tests in real time and run approipriate trouble shooting. Technical suppport can be contacted on 1890260260 or via WebChat at www.eircom.ie/chatnow

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement