Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Gmail account

Options
  • 10-02-2015 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭

I just setup a new Gmail account but during the setup process I used my own name (not the email address I setup). When I log into the new account my name appears on the left under chat and not the name of the email addy. Can that be changed/edited?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Settings -> Accounts and Import -> Send mail as:

Click on edit info. Change the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Settings -> Accounts and Import -> Send mail as:

Click on edit info. Change the name.

Yep I had that done and it sends mail as the addy I setup and that's fine, but while in the account the account and chat has my own name and not that of the email addy if you get what I'm trying to say? Anyway to change that?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

That should work if you've done it right. Here's a youtube video describing the same process.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

That's what I've done alright but it hasn't changed the chat name?

Advertisement