Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheel of Time - Pilot aired last night

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I'm tugging my braid after watching* that!

*I skipped through most of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Can't watch it, they pronounce Aes Sedai wrong*.

* Not the way my head does.

There's an intro, then a sh!ttonne of ads (the first of which is incredibly jarring when you're expecting WoT-world), so the actual start is at http://youtu.be/cvNYIEN1vIg?t=4m56s

---

Watched it. There's a lot I could criticise, but equally there's a lot done well - particularly on a low budget or so I'm guessing.

This is very much a prologue and as a standalone pilot I'd have concerns whether it will appeal to those who haven't read WoT. That said, given have many have read the books, there's probably enough of an audience in the readership alone to get this kicked off.

---

Edit: Robert Jordan's wife and editor said it was made without her knowledge or cooperation - good news IMO - and that she is "taking steps to prevent its reoccurrence" - not so good news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Illy-ayna

*shudder*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

That was 'odd'. Seems like it was just something slapped together to try keep their rights. Maybe it might get some media traction though and lead to something done properly.

An animated version would be interesting. I can't see live action working or gaining any interest with the general public though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

It has put me off reading the books, it was dreadful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Terrible, had difficulty watching it all. Almost as boring as crossroads of twilight.

(Tugs braid)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Son0vagun wrote: »
    It has put me off reading the books, it was dreadful

Just read a wiki synopsis and save yourself the heartache.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

That was awful.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    That was awful.

yep

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Bad guy sounded like Bane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

Where's the "Unsee" button?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

bluewolf wrote: »
    yep

When I saw "Starring Billy Zane" and "produced by Billy Zane" I knew it'd be bad. But I had no idea how bad.

I've never thought The Wheel of Time would translate well to screen. This only confirms it.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Advertisement