Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you use a mobile car valet that came to you?

Options
  • 10-02-2015 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭

This is somewhat speculative but I'm considering this as a line of business, very early days so the first thing to do is find out in this very scientific fashion if car owners (and indeed people with carpets in their homes - some of the same gear can be used) would be happy to take advantage of the job coming to you (home or work) rather than having to leave a vehicle in town for an hour or two with all the bother (and possibly additional costs) that implies.

Would you use a mobile car valet that came to you? 33 votes

yes - if the price was right
    0% 0 votes
    no
    100% 33 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Someone used to do this before but he has gone from facebook so dont know how successful it was,his name was also Harry ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89283622

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

There is a guy I use who does this at the moment excellent and too cheap .

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Absolutely not.

However contract cleaning company mats is a massive business which could be undercut in price if you have the right equipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Absolutely not.

However contract cleaning company mats is a massive business which could be undercut in price if you have the right equipment.

Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

I set up a mobile business a few years back. The business is still operating today with 6 staff employed. Be prepared for a lot of very hard work in the first 12 months. It is a very slow business to get up and running and it took me a year to really get it going that it was making money. It takes time for people to get trust with you and that is the big issue. Once people begin to get trust with you and your business you will start to get more and more customers.

If your serious about this business purchase professional equipment and chemicals. ( Can be expensive starting off )

You will need to get flyers printed and I feel uniform is very important to help gain trust and to give the right image.

Be prepared to spend hours every day knocking on doors and calling to businesses and telling them about your business.

Make sure every car you do is 100% perfect and this will help repeat business and also gather new customer.

Have signage that looks professional.

Comply with all regulations and make sure you have insurance.

It is very very hard to build up the business in the begining but once you get it up and running it can be very rewarding. It is great watching your business grow from strength to strength.

Have you got experience in washing cars / valeting? Can you valet a car? Can you machine buff? This might sound stupid but there is a lot to know about washing cars and valeting if you want to do it correctly.

If there is any office blocks / factories etc... where people park up in there work car park it might be good to start in these areas to help get the business up and running quicker. In office blocks offer the receptionist or someone high up a free valet to show them your work and once there happy ask them would they send an internal mail around all the workers about your business.

Best of luck with your business and any questions just ask.

• Advertisement

Cheers for that highlandseoghan, I'll probably get back to you to pick your brains on a few points.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

No problem at all. Have a think about the business and any questions just ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭ILoveShoez

I have been trying to find someone to come to my house and valet our 2 cars but I can never find anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

my neighbour does it, an asian guy by the name of andy does brilliant job

Handy!

• Advertisement

Just a quick bump to thank highlandseoghan for his feedback by PM and to ask anyone who has used such a service if they would tell me how it went.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I would also point out to you before you start up, you might want to research how many other companies in waterford also offer this service, I do similar work and I know theres alot of people at it and trying to do it. Please dont take this as a knock or a put down, just so you realise the market thats there already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

I came across this when i was researching the same a few weeks back, i always fancied a little detailing business of my own.... purely cos i like to keep my car very clean and have always wanted a little garage/unit for working on my own car/bike haha...

anyway i hope it helps a bit.... http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-make-money-detailing-cars/27827-few-tips-starting-part-time-detailing-business.html

H

Nice site, lots of useful info and vids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Another great resource is the Boards detailing forum - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1602

and the big daddy for all things detailing in this part of the world.. http://detailingworld.co.uk/forum

H

Advertisement