Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American style pancakes

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Markcheese

I did American style buttermilk ones this morning , meh .
    Yeah they were way lighter and fluffier than my normal drop scones but the drop scones taste better - (especially if you get proper Cornish clotted cream in Marks and Sparks )

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

gufc21 wrote: »
    I'm sure this comes up every year but anyway...

i want to make a proper thick pancake stack. Like with butter and maple syrup. The type you would expect to find in an American diner. Fed up with our skinny flimsy pancaked :(

O ya i need a recipe please

Our "skinny, flimsy" pancakes are way better than the American yokes!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Ya, I made a few American ones. They were nice but went back to our own style on the Tuesday. made savory ones with ham, cheese and a few other bits. Had them for dinner yest too. they're actually lovely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

gufc21 wrote: »
    Ya, I made a few American ones. They were nice but went back to our own style on the Tuesday. made savory ones with ham, cheese and a few other bits. Had them for dinner yest too. they're actually lovely.

It's hard to fill thick pancakes. I just don't "get" them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

I like thick pancakes but I think our style pancakes are better because they're bigger and you can roll them up. Spread nutella all over the top and then roll it up with a bit of cream on top, cutting into them with nutella oozing out is amazing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

I think they both have their place. I wouldn't eat a crepe for breakfast with crispy streaky rashers and maple syrup and I wouldn't have buttermilk pancakes for dessert. EVER.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

katydid wrote: »
    It's hard to fill thick pancakes. I just don't "get" them.

You don't fill them :confused:. You just put stuff on them.

Advertisement