Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking Course - Ireland or UK

Options
  • 09-02-2015 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hi - sorry for hijacking this thread.

I have a few months leave to take from my 9-5 and would love to do a 4/8 week course that doesn't break the bank. I've always loved to cook and have never had the chance to do anything like this before (office job last 18 years), so I'm hoping I can get some inspiration from others.

Have been looking at the usual places, but it seems that there are only a couple like cooks academy and Ballymaloe (love to do this, but WAAY out of my price range), that seem to cater for a full-time(ish) course, the rest all seem to be mainly 1-2 day courses.

I have done a couple of one day courses in Cooks Acadamy, and while I learned a lot, I think a longer structured program might benefit me more.

Is there any other places either here or the UK that anyone would recommend (while not bankrupting me :-) )?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Split from Cooking Courses in Dublin thread.

tHB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

I don't know anything about it but there is one in fairyhouse (maybe fairyhouse cooks academy)
    Did neven Maguire open one too at mcnean house?
    Dublin cookery school?
    I would live to do this, so please let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Tazzer

Morning rosebush,

From Nevens website they just do 1-2 day classes, that would be great if he did though! I went to his restaurant a couple of years ago and I can still taste the food to this day!

I am looking at the cooks acadamy (Dublin2) and the Dublin cookery school (Blackrock), as they seem to be the only ones to have the type of course i'm looking for.
    I am hoping to go and check them out first, so will certainly let you know how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Stretford16

Guys, I'm hoping to book a week long course as a present for my sisters birthday. I've been looking at either Dublin Cookery School or The Cooks Academy. they both look pretty similar in terms of structure, content, price etc. I was just wondering if anyone has experience of either and whether they could recommend one or the other. Thanks

Advertisement