Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tony Fernandes: QPR chairman appoints "dream manager"

• 10-02-2015 8:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭

Wonder who it'll be! Bookies favourites is McClaren though! Fernandes reckons the media have it all wrong!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31381441

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

I'd say its Laudraup. Don't rate him mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Maradonna ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

syngindub wrote: »
    Maradonna ?

Could be! You'll never know! Laudrup is the front-runner it looks like though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Gerry Francis' mullet, not the man himself, just the hair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Had he said "world class manager", I would have assumed Steve Staunton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

surely not Roy !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

If it's Tony Fernandes' dream manager then it's Tony Fernandes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

The little known, but highly recommended, Arri Redknappio. Highly recommended by the previous manager at any rate....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Sherwood out of the running? An away win? The way tonight's going, I might drop the hand on the missus later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm very interested now to see who this is. Somebody like Markus Weinzierl would be a real coup of he pulled it off.

There's been rumours that Thomas Tuchel is interested in managing in the Premier league too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

OMG Fergie's coming out of retirement! He couldn't stand not working with Rio Ferdinand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Stuart Naysmith?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

It's Ian Coates, I think Fernandes was mis quoted and really said 'Dream Team manager' close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm very interested now to see who this is. Somebody like Markus Weinzierl would be a real coup of he pulled it off.

There's been rumours that Thomas Tuchel is interested in managing in the Premier league too.

Weinzierl or Tuchel would be 2 good lads to get but I wonder if there would be any chance of either,certainly no chance of Weinzierl until the summer.

Probably a bad time of year to bring in someone with no knowledge of the EPL,they just need to survive this season and then start a fresh in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Jeju

My money is on Sven.
    Remember all those women he could pull, Nancy and Ulrika etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,532 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Dream manager would infer someone with a big reputation, presumably out of work.

Trap??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Aidy Boothroyd.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    It's Ian Coates, I think Fernandes was mis quoted and really said 'Dream Team manager' close.

He assualted a referee live on t.v once, hasn't worked in yonks and got sacked by Harchester United because he was unhinged.
    You're off your rocker if you think they're going for Coates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

He assualted a referee live on t.v once, hasn't worked in yonks and got sacked by Harchester United because he was unhinged.
    You're off your rocker if you think they're going for Coates.

They have Leicester on the last day of the season, could be an important game so they will need someone who can hold their own against Pearson.

• Advertisement

They have Leicester on the last day of the season, could be an important game so they will need someone who can hold their own against Pearson.

Fair point, but I think Don Barker fits that profile more aptly, he'll have Pearson crying into the grass by the time he's finished with him

On this day, 5 years ago, we'd have had 2 pages of "Curbishley".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Forget Coates. Assaulting a ref? At least Pardew only assaulted a player.

Luis Amor Rodriguez is where it's at.

Or Martin O'Neil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Runs his football clubs with the same care and attention as he does his airlines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Or Martin O'Neil

On that subject, what is David O'Leary up to now??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Kloppmeister*? :-)

*no chance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

byronbay2 wrote: »
    On that subject, what is David O'Leary up to now??

Hopefully Match magazine will put up a list of 'Wicked' candidates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭house45

Roy Keane anyone??? Now that would be fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He say this yesterday and now Lambert is a free agent... Hmmm coincidence...I think so :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Think he thought Pearson was going to be relieved of his duties at Leicester

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

well the dream manager is Ramsey - one win and he is the dream manger, never heard of him before - wish him well and all that , but complete gamble, dream manager would have been someone like Klinsman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

thebaz wrote: »
    well the dream manager is Ramsey - one win and he is the dream manger, never heard of him before - wish him well and all that , but complete gamble, dream manager would have been someone like Klinsman

Ramsey is only there until the end of the season so they could have someone lined up to take over then. If QPR stay in the EPL they would be an attractive option for plenty of manager's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Runs his football clubs with the same care and attention as he does his airlines.

Ah here, that's cheap. That was the first crash in Air Aisa's history.

I'm no fan of Fernandes, but if he did run QPR as well as his airline, QPR would be more than ok.

Advertisement