Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10 days solo travelling

• 10-02-2015 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5 LS8409

Hey, looking for some ideas. I'm a 30 year old female & I'm hoping to travel in April for 9-12 days around Europe. I haven't travelled solo before but think it's what I need as work / life in general is a bit stressful. Can you give me any suggestions on routes. I don't want to include Spain or Italy as Iv travelled many parts of those before but open To all suggestions. Cheers

Comments

Hi
    I'd recommend throwing Vienna in there anyway, I was there on my own for a few days last year and it was great. can give a good hotel rec
    maybe berlin also

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LS8409

bluewolf wrote: »
    Hi
    I'd recommend throwing Vienna in there anyway, I was there on my own for a few days last year and it was great. can give a good hotel rec
    maybe berlin also

Iv been there before but thanks for the suggestion.. I would love to fit in Berlin-Prague- Venice - Amsterdam - Budapest but don't think I'd have enough time for all.

Venice doesn't need more than a day imo and if you can fit it in along the way somewhere maybe then
    Berlin is great, prague ain't bad - I'd nearly pick 3 out of that list and do 2-3 days in each
    I'd say you could start in berlin, train to prague, then maybe off to budapest from there
    fly back to amsterdam then fly home??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Fly into Venice. Travel south along Dalmatian coast. Fly home from Dubrovnik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Depends what you want to see and how long you want I spend in each place! Just pick a starting city you'd like to see and work out a viable route for 4-7 places maybe? I did a trip from Budapest all the way up to Germany in about 10 days and fitted in some nice places on the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Stojkovic

Fly to Budapest for 2/3 days.
    Get the Budapest-Berlin train.
    Book it on www.bahn.de
    Stop in Bratislava for 1 night.
    Get twin city katamaran up the Danube to Vienna, only takes approx an hour.
    2 days in Vienna then back to Bratislava for train to Prague, four hours.
    Prague for 2/3 days. Train to Berlin for 2/3 days and fly home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Stojkovic wrote: »
    Fly to Budapest for 2/3 days.
    Get the Budapest-Berlin train.
    Book it on www.bahn.de
    Stop in Bratislava for 1 night.
    Get twin city katamaran up the Danube to Vienna, only takes approx an hour.
    2 days in Vienna then back to Bratislava for train to Prague, four hours.
    Prague for 2/3 days. Train to Berlin for 2/3 days and fly home.

Pretty much went all those places in a 10 day bit of travel around Europe and it was great!

I did 5 weeks inter-railing too and done lots more, but for 10 days, something like that route was a perfect mix of travel for 10 days

Advertisement