Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old WTF Gaiters!

Options
  • 10-02-2015 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, i bought these pair of Lowe Alpine gaiters about 16 years ago I'd say and probably wore them once.

The strange thing is that they have laces instead of a strap with buckle!!!

fJRiziE.jpg

Anyone know of a way of tying them, or some way of mounting a strap?

Or are they really just fit for the bin! :pac:

Seems like a really crappy design.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Think I might have had a pair of them - tough heavy duty Cordura, take 'dogs abuse'. The cord only goes under the boot to stop them slipping up. After a while, I never bothered with it as it was a reasonably tight fit between the hook on the front and the back of the heel.

If you're throwing them away, send them this way!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I definitely had a pair of these. Just tie the laces to a suitable length and forget about them. Depending on how often you use them and on what kind of terrain, the laces probably won't last long, but just replace them with a new pair.

Got this type about 4 years ago. Had no problem with it, though the loop through which the laces pass tore away from both fairly quickly.

Advertisement