Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any suggestions for a new laptop? again

Options
  • 10-02-2015 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭

SO I bought this thing couple of weeks ago, it went back to the shop today, and in fairness, they gave me back my money when I listed the issues* with it.

*Being very slow to move between apps, apps crashing, backing up taking ages and freezing, final straw it took two/three seconds to move between cells in excel!

So now the money is burning a hole in my pocket.
    Want something with approx 13" screen.
    & its not for gaming.
    Budget 500.
    Is there a processor at this price range I should be looking for minimum?

Cheers again peeps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

Got one of these, ASUS X555LA just before christmas, in PC world. Very happy with it so far. It's has a 15.6" screen, an intel core i5 processor, 4gb memory, 1tb hard drive, and the battery lasts more than the claimed 4hrs. They had it on special at the time, €439, I was told it would be going back up by €100 the following week, but even at that, it would be worth stretching the budget slightly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Cheers Slick,

need one 13".
    weve a chromebook which we love, and the screen is perfect.
    only problem is that it is not great for backing up fotos and videos, or for MS office which I want

Advertisement