Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to wear to doctorate interview

• 10-02-2015 10:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

I've just been invited to interview for a professional training doctorate (found out today!) and as my nerves about the actual interview are starting to kick in, I've decided to try and head them off by focusing on what I should wear :D If I let the nerves take over I won't sleep tonight!

I'm 5'7" and a size 12. I'm usually more comfortable in dresses, so I'm thinking smart dress, blazer etc. I carry weight around my middle so prefer something that's not too fitted or tight there. I do prefer flats, but I can also walk fine in heels so would it be better to wear these for the interview?

I'd really appreciate some suitable outfit ideas. My budget would be up to around €100.

Comments

I think a smart dress and jacket would look great, and I'd wear heels over flats, but not higher than 2 in. You want to look smart and serious, not glamorous :)

It might be hard to fit the bill for 100 euro though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭chickenlicken2

Formal dress and a blazer would be perfect.
    You don't need anything mad expensive, check out next , marks and spencer, dunnes, dorothy perkins or Debenhams you should get sorted within budget. If you're wearing a dress I would say to wear tights clear/nude is perfect. Just looks neater or more polished than a bare leg.

Simple pair of court shoes would be perfect. No mad heels. What I'd do if you're walking or driving is wear flats and pop into a loo in the neatest building and change.

Best of luck!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Your outfit sounds good. Wear tights (though it is winter, so shouldn't be a problem). I would personally wear heels, but smart flats would be fine too, as long as they look well.

Polish your shoes and handbag too.

Advertisement