Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

outlook email aount has gone

Options
  • 10-02-2015 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

this evening both my and my husbands outlook email accounts suddenly no longer exist. I don't understand what is happening. I changed the account name from an outlook.ie account to outllok.com but now neither account apparently exists. If I try to access on my iPad it asks for the password for the account "Hotmail".

Has anyone else had any problems this evening?:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

this evening both my and my husbands outlook email accounts suddenly no longer exist. I don't understand what is happening. I changed the account name from an outlook.ie account to outllok.com but now neither account apparently exists. If I try to access on my iPad it asks for the password for the account "Hotmail".

Has anyone else had any problems this evening?:confused:

Hotmail.com is now Outlook.com, so you should be able to login with your outlook.ie or outlook.com email.
    You will not be able to login with your existing hotmail.com email I don't think, which could be the issue here. Haveyou tried logging in using the new @outlook.ie email address you set up?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Marian Walsh

It was an Outlook.ie account that I had. I've fixed mine now - I had to rename it as an outlook.com account and was then able to add the .ie account as an alias. My husbands account wouldn't allow me to rename it so I set up a new one. Now when I try to log into his Outlook.ie account it says it doesn't exist, but if I try to add it as an alias to the new account it says it is in use by someone else!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

It was an Outlook.ie account that I had. I've fixed mine now - I had to rename it as an outlook.com account and was then able to add the .ie account as an alias. My husbands account wouldn't allow me to rename it so I set up a new one. Now when I try to log into his Outlook.ie account it says it doesn't exist, but if I try to add it as an alias to the new account it says it is in use by someone else!
    Have you tried logging in to www.outlook.com with the husbands new alias but using his old password? This may work. Try going directly to the website to login to avoid possible software confusions

Nick

Advertisement