Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e-fibre in Ballyjamesduff

Options
  • 10-02-2015 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hi,

I live in Ballyjamesduff, Co. Cavan and a few months ago e-fibre went live in our area. There are 6 cabinets in the town, but only 5 of them went live. The 6th cabinet BJD1_003, the one to which I believe I'm connected is not live yet. Could you tell me when work on this cabinet is planned to commence please?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Nuno wrote: »
    Hi,

I live in Ballyjamesduff, Co. Cavan and a few months ago e-fibre went live in our area. There are 6 cabinets in the town, but only 5 of them went live. The 6th cabinet BJD1_003, the one to which I believe I'm connected is not live yet. Could you tell me when work on this cabinet is planned to commence please?

Thanks
    Hi Nuno

There is yet to be an agreed launch date of BJD1_003. Indications suggest May but no concrete launch date planned yet.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Nuno

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi Nuno

There is yet to be an agreed launch date of BJD1_003. Indications suggest May but no concrete launch date planned yet.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks for the quick response Alan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi Nuno

Thanks
    Al
    No problem Nuno
    if you do want to register your interest in Efibre log you rdetails here and we can advise you when this is available in your area.
    https://www.eircom.net/broadband/eoi
    Tony

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi Nuno

Thanks
    Al
    No problem Nuno
    if you do want to register your interest in Efibre log you rdetails here and we can advise you when this is available in your area.
    Tony
    Hi,

Any update on the indications for BJD1_003 guys? No work has commenced, so I presume May is out of the picture. I notice there's plenty of work going on in nearby areas such as Mullagh, Mount Nugent, Crossakeel etc.. Any chance the engineers will be paying a visit to BJD1_003 soon?

Any news yet Alan / Tony on this cabinet?

• Advertisement

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi Nuno

Thanks
    Al
    No problem Nuno
    Tony
    Hi,

Any update on the indications for BJD1_003 guys? No work has commenced, so I presume May is out of the picture. I notice there's plenty of work going on in nearby areas such as Mullagh, Mount Nugent, Crossakeel etc.. Any chance the engineers will be paying a visit to BJD1_003 soon?
    Hi Nuno

Apologies for the delays in getting back to you,

I'm sorry to confirm that we don't have an indiaction of when BJD1_003 will launch although I can confirm May is not a realistic timeframe for that specific cabinet. The Indication of a May is to suggest when eFibre launches in a general area and is not intended to suggest all cabinets will be live by then.

I'll keep my eye on this one for you Nuno - sorry I can't offer better news right now.

Cheers
    Al

okey doke.. thanks

okey doke.. thanks
    No worries Nuno

Al

I see the the fibre build has commenced on the exchange in Ballyjamesduff. Does this have any bearing on the issue with BJD1_003. I've been presuming the delay with that cabinet has been due a technical problem or something.
    6uTqVm4.png

I see the the fibre build has commenced on the exchange in Ballyjamesduff. Does this have any bearing on the issue with BJD1_003. I've been presuming the delay with that cabinet has been due a technical problem or something.
    6uTqVm4.png
    Hi Nuno

Good question, unfortunately I does not have bearing on the BJD1_003 cabinet. There's still no further information on BJD1_003 yet. I know you have been patiently waiting a long time now and I'm sorry I can't offer you better news.

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement

Okay, thanks..

Okay, thanks..
    Cheers Nuno

AL

• Registered Users Posts: 6 krubotham

Hi reps,

Sorry to dig up an old thread here but was wondering whether Openeir has a new timeline estimate to break ground on BJD1_003? With these connected estates all being on ADSL1, Eir could attract a lot of new customers & businesses/renew existing contracts. 

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

krubotham wrote: »
    Hi reps,

Sorry to dig up an old thread here but was wondering whether Openeir has a new timeline estimate to break ground on BJD1_003? With these connected estates all being on ADSL1, Eir could attract a lot of new customers & businesses/renew existing contracts. 

Thanks
    Hi krubotham

Unfortunately there's no timeframe attached to this specific cabinet. Hopes are that an approximate timeframe of early to mid 2016 will be reached for launch.

Thanks
    AL

• Registered Users Posts: 6 krubotham

Many thanks for the update Al.

Ken

No problem krubotham

Thanks
    Al

Hey

I see that eir updated their information for this cabinet (BJD1_003). I also took a walk over to the location and I can see a new esb box and a new green cabinet beside the existing one. Would you now be able to provide a date for when completion works are due finish and customers can place their order for e-fibre?

Z5zwdaL.png

Hey

I see that eir updated their information for this cabinet (BJD1_003). I also took a walk over to the location and I can see a new esb box and a new green cabinet beside the existing one. Would you now be able to provide a date for when completion works are due finish and customers can place their order for e-fibre?

Z5zwdaL.png
    HI Nuno

The eri networks team have advised me that a specific date has not yet been agreed. The best indication we can offer is that it should be launched within the next 6 months - orders cannot be taken until the cabinet launched. Sorry I can't offer better news Nuno

Al

Advertisement