Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS Victim Kayla Mueller Sent This Letter To Her Family Before She Was Killed. :(

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

wes wrote: »
    Pretty nasty thing to say. From everything I have read, she was just trying to help people. Its really pathetic to take a shot at someone who was murdered by ISIS, and imho isn't a million miles away from victim blaming.

Do we know that she was murdered by ISIS?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

fedor.2. wrote: »
    Its good to have friends, don't you ever let anybody tell you any different

Yes. And as usual it always goes like this...

Blah, blah, blah... America is evil, Ruiner of worlds. Destroyer of planets...

Blah, blah, blah... It's all Israels fault...

Blah, blah, blah... Not all Zionists are Jews, but all Jews are Zionists...

Blah, blah, blah... Won't no one think of the Palestinians...

And so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Egginacup wrote: »

Course she was

Mueller was associated with the Palestinian solidarity movement and as part of her activism lived among Palestinians to prevent home demolitions and Israeli settlements. She sympathized with Palestinian terrorists.Her solidarity with the Muslim people and her anti-Israeli political position was not enough to save her. That's what the idiots who loudly oppose the War on Terror just don't get it. The terrorists see no difference between left wing and right wing infidels. They just see infidels. Useful idiots but still infidels who they will behead or crucify or burn alive or gang rape to death when they have outlived their usefulness.

This makes no sense whatsoever.
    You are trying to insinuate that ISIS are somehow vehemently opposed to Israel. Nobody thought such a thing until you introduced the notion into the discussion. You are stating that this girl's opposition to Israeli settlement expansion should somehow have endeared her to ISIS who, we might add, are still not evidentially culpable in her death. What exactly are you trying to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Is there any other suspects

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

The IRA were not looking for an Islamic state. What the British government did was to side with a theocratic unionist state. The appeasement of religious extremists during the Troubles is EXACTLY what they are doing in the Middle East today.

Ye wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

She was given to an ISIS ''Commander'' as a gift, for fcuk sake. They are, either directly or indirectly, responsible for her death.

mad muffin wrote: »
    Yes. And as usual (............)Palestinians...

And so on.

You seem angry. Whats the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

Lots of right-wingers who normally shed false tears for victims of terrorism on here denigrating a young woman who was almost certainly murdered by ISIS. Lots of jokes and laughter coming from them too.

Let's be honest, the rightwing posters constantly commenting on threads about ISIS have no empathy or sympathy for any victims.

To a certain extent I agree with you, the poster hasn't been very diplomatic in his criticism of Ms. Mueller. However, he does raise an interesting point about extremely naive people (not just Americans) wandering off to war zones on some misguided altruistic mission.
    Ideally, anyone thinking of volunteering to work in a war zone needs to be briefed on the cold blooded reality of what will happen in they are captured by the enemy. That includes watching videos and slideshows of how they can expect to be treated. And after that, if they still insist on going, they will sign a 'no rescue' waiver in the event of them being captured. So they are free to choose, but now they understand the full consequences.

There are other possibilities that ought to be considered however. We don't know that she was killed by ISIS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Let's be honest, the rightwing posters constantly commenting on threads about ISIS have no empathy or sympathy for any victims.

Telepathy and the ability to see into a person's soul seem to be gifts that are unique to the smug Left.

DeadHand wrote: »
    Telepathy and the ability to see into a person's soul seem to be gifts that are unique to the smug Left.

Look through this thread and tell me how'd you'd feel if that was your sister. Would you be more pissed off at the more liberal posters or rightwingers?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Nodin wrote: »
    You seem angry. Whats the problem?

You're damn right I'm angry.

There is only ISIS to blame for her death.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭DavidRamsay99

no, the toppling of sadamm lead to the situation where extremists like isis could rise. the serge could only ever work temporarily. the topling of godaffey in libia lead to the rise of extremism there. Germany, Japan and South Korea still have US troops because those governments are happy for them to stay. specially with South Korea because of north Korea. terrorists don't retreat when met with military force anymore. the extremists are hardened. the US couldn't defeat them. there were no defeatists, the US realized they could do no more. the iraqy military were never going to be ready because they were smashed to bits during the iraq invasian which never should have happened. the South Vietnamese military collapsed in the face of the North Vietnamese advance in 1975 because the North Vietnamese army were strong and were able to defeat the US. the US surrendered because there was no way they could win. Obama has not allowed isis to do anything, but he realizes that simply bombing and slaughtering doesn't work, as it didn't before.

So you believe Islamic extremists cannot be stopped? The entire Middle East should fall to them? Then Europe? America should retreat within its borders and let the armies of darkness march all over the face of the earth?

Are you for real? Have you read the Hamas Charter? They want to destroy Israel and kill all the Jews not just in Israel but all over the world once their Islamic Caliphate is established.

The reason the war on terror is failing is because left liberal idiots who are dogmatically opposed to war and think no Americans should come home in body bags voted Obama into office and he pulled out all the troops from Iraq.

The rise of ISIS is directly linked to the ease off of military pressure on Sunni jihadists in Iraq which fueled the insurgency in Syria and has emboldened Islamic extremists across the Middle East who jumped at the opportunity provided by the Arab Spring which has brought their dream of a pan Middle Eastern Islamic Caliphate closer.

We now face the serious possibility of full scale Islamic insurgencies on the streets of European cities with the attack on Charlie Hebdo a state of what is to come if we do not fight Islamic fundamentalism and Islamic terrorism.

But why DID America invade Iraq and kill so many innocent people?

Sunni and Shia terrorists killed those people in case you need to reminded of the daily car bombs that killed people by the hundred or the mass beheadings or power drill murdered corpses floating down the Tigris and Euphrates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

Sunni and Shia terrorists killed those people in case you need to reminded of the daily car bombs that killed people by the hundred or the mass beheadings or power drill murdered corpses floating down the Tigris and Euphrates?

...........and the yanks/coalition didn't kill anyone? Seriously?

mad muffin wrote: »
    You're damn right I'm angry.

There is only ISIS to blame for her death.

Indeed they are.

So why are you going on about various posters and Palestinians like some others?

Look through this thread and tell me how'd you'd feel if that was your sister. Would you be more pissed off at the more liberal posters or rightwingers?

God forbid, if I found myself in such a place I'd like to think I'd aim my anger, accurately, at the people who actually killed her.

The same people whose actions are rationalised and subject to Quislingite apologism by our "liberal" posters.

(Yes, I invent words)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

There are other possibilities that ought to be considered however. We don't know that she was killed by ISIS.

Technically true. But she was taken hostage, which proves my point-people should not be operating in extremely dangerous war zones unless they are prepared to accept the very real possibility of injury, or death. I'm afraid the cut throats of ISIS couldn't care less about what Ms. Mueller was trying to achieve.

• Advertisement

Oil.

DeadHand wrote: »
    God forbid, if I found myself in such a place I'd like to think I'd aim my anger, accurately, at the people who actually killed here.

Because that's exactly what that meant...

Anyway, you and others a're having a great laugh in this thread, joking away and throwing immature insults around but soon enough you'll be in the next thread attacking people for not doing enough for the victims of terrorism...

I think you'll find it was the Vietnamese who deposed the Khmer Rouge, they then withdrew from Cambodia (so much for the Domino theory)

By the by the US supported the Khmer Rouge.

Beat me to it, haha. I think we might be dealing with a nutcase here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

The exact same thing is happening on this thread here, except it's the liberals using the tragic deaths of three innocent Muslims to score points:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057378845

So both sides are well able to get fcuking nasty when it suits them. Would you agree with this?

New evidence suggests that Ms Mueller was "given" to an ISIS commander according to intercepted communications. The poor girl was most likely beaten and raped into submission. Her life since 2013 when she was kidnapped must have been hell on earth. Words failed me to describe my angry and rage toward these bastards.

fedor.2. wrote: »
    Course she was

If you don't mind could you furnish any evidence or even a statement from her killers. I haven't seen or read any such thing but I haven't been watching the news today so only got that she was dead yesterday.

...........and the yanks/coalition didn't kill anyone? Seriously?

They fought the insurgents and killed thousands of the car bombing and beheading f*cking b*st*rds.

They fought the insurgents and killed thousands of the car bombing and beheading f*cking b*st*rds.

You mean the Sunni tribes who fought the terrorists?

Gatling wrote: »
    Is there any other suspects

Are we going now from proof to suspicion?
    Someone stated definitively that she was murdered by ISIS, another alluded to an email of her head on top of her body and now you talk vaguely of "suspects". Does anyone have any credible information that she was murdered by ISIS? I'd be grateful.

• Advertisement

You mean the Sunni tribes who fought the terrorists?

The Sunni tribes who were abandoned by Obama when he pulled out the troops and who are now fighting for their lives against ISIS because cowardly American liberals hated Bush and wanted his war to fail.

Advertisement