Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS Victim Kayla Mueller Sent This Letter To Her Family Before She Was Killed. :(

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Sunni and Shia terrorists killed those people in case you need to reminded of the daily car bombs that killed people by the hundred or the mass beheadings or power drill murdered corpses floating down the Tigris and Euphrates?

You haven't answered the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

The Sunni tribes who were abandoned by Obama when he pulled out the troops and who are now fighting for their lives against ISIS because cowardly American liberals hated Bush and wanted his war to fail.

By abandoned do you mean when Obama 'disengaged' within the timeline set by Bush?

Have you absolutely no knowledge of history or politics anywhere?

Technically true. But she was taken hostage, which proves my point-people should not be operating in extremely dangerous war zones unless they are prepared to accept the very real possibility of injury, or death. I'm afraid the cut throats of ISIS couldn't care less about what Ms. Mueller was trying to achieve.

The thing is though, she wasn't the only westerner there. There are thousands. My friend was in Syria only two week ago. Why would they simply kidnap and aid worker and to what end? And if they are so psychopathic as so many on here seem to claim to know then why wouldn't they just kill her and gloat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

They fought the insurgents and killed thousands of the car bombing and beheading f*cking b*st*rds.

I asked about civilians...

....and while where at it what do you think about the approximately 500,000 Iraqi children who died unnecessarily due to US/UK led sanctions during the 1990's?

DeadHand wrote: »
    Oil.

DavidRamsy99, would you concur?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

Egginacup wrote: »
    The thing is though, she wasn't the only westerner there. There are thousands. My friend was in Syria only two week ago. Why would they simply kidnap and aid worker and to what end? And if they are so psychopathic as so many on here seem to claim to know then why wouldn't they just kill her and gloat?

If you had a friend in Syria ( I presume they are 'Western' in appearance) then I advise you to have a very serious chat with them. The were at extreme risk. What, may I ask, is their reason for going to Syria? (Feel free not to answer this question if it may compromise your friends identity.)

The graveyards are full of aid workers who believed they would somehow be fairly treated in the event of any hostilities, as though that red cross vest magically granted them protected status.

The whole idea of kidnapping someone can be to use them as a bargaining chip, draw attention to the situation on the world stage, or, as appears to be the case with ISIS, kill the hostages in an brutal attempt to show the world what they are capable of. A psychological warfare tactic, to put it bluntly. And these tactics do work, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

There are other possibilities that ought to be considered however. We don't know that she was killed by ISIS.

BS

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭DavidRamsay99

I asked about civilians...

....and while where at it what do you think about the approximately 500,000 Iraqi children who died unnecessarily due to US/UK led sanctions during the 1990's?

Saddam wouldn't admit UN weapons inspectors. There were no weapons so he knew he could have saved those child if he had admitted them but he didn't. The longer the sanction were in place the more kids died so the sanctions could be lifted if Saddam was gone. When he was gone the sanctions were lifted.

DavidRamsy99, would you concur?

We need to oil to run our cars and the trucks and ships that transport our food and to heat our homes. If you want to live in the stone age fine by me. The rest of the world is not going to.

Saddam wouldn't admit UN weapons inspectors. There were no weapons so he knew he could have saved those child if he had admitted them but he didn't. The longer the sanction were in place the more kids died so the sanctions could be lifted if Saddam was gone. When he was gone the sanctions were lifted.

Saddam wrote a letter to Hans Blix in 2002 inviting inspectors to examine Iraq's arsenals to prove he was not creating and had no WMD.

Khmer Rouge was brought about by US bombing runs and was ended when America's enemy, the communist Vietnamese govt invaded Cambodia and ended that regime and the death there.

Obama scaled down the Iraq War on the timeline imposed by Bush.

For the love of god just pick up any history book before posting!

• Advertisement

Saddam wrote a letter to Hans Blix in 2002 inviting inspectors to examine Iraq's arsenals to prove he was not creating and had no WMD.

Khmer Rouge was brought about by US bombing runs and was ended when America's enemy, the communist Vietnamese govt invaded Cambodia and ended that regime and the death there.

Obama scaled down the Iraq War on the timeline imposed by Bush.

Wow, for the love of god just pick up a history book, any book before posting!

Saddam only admitted Blix under the pressure of military action. Blix returned to the UN complaining Saddam was not fully disclosing whether he had WMD stockpiles and programs or not. Saddam could have complied with any of the 18 UN resolutions but he didn't. He didn't have any WMD anyway so couldn't he have called Bush's bluff?
    Saddam could have give up his WMD and the UN sanctions could have been lifted.
    That's what China and Russia and France wanted.
    They were negotiating generous oil contracts with his regime.
    Saddam was brutal murderous bastard so I'm glad he's gone.
    ISIS are small beer who can be crushed relatively easily.
    The only reason they are a problem today is because a cowardly Western public and political elite are afraid to loose a few troops.

Saddam only admitted Blix under the pressure of military action. Blix returned to the UN complaining Saddam was not fully disclosing whether he had WMD stockpiles and programs or not. Saddam could have complied with any of the 18 UN resolutions but he didn't. He didn't have any WMD anyway so couldn't he have called Bush's bluff?
    Saddam could have give up his WMD and the UN sanctions could have been lifted.
    That's what China and Russia and France wanted.
    They were negotiating generous oil contracts with his regime.
    Saddam was brutal murderous bastard so I'm glad he's gone.
    ISIS are small beer who can be crushed relatively easily.
    The only reason they are a problem today is because a cowardly Western public and political elite are afraid to loose a few troops.

I take it none of those 'few troops' are your family or friends? I assume you've no family or friends in those countries?

Carry on with your Call of Duty fantasy...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Because that's exactly what that meant...

Anyway, you and others a're having a great laugh in this thread, joking away and throwing immature insults around but soon enough you'll be in the next thread attacking people for not doing enough for the victims of terrorism...

I'll have to pull you up on this.

eotr made a massive intellectual forward leap. I was applauding it and I feel it's unfair that I'm being misunderstood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

But UN weapons inspectors were admitted, the whole basis for the 2003 invasion was a lie. Here's a quote from head weapons inspector Scott Ritter in 1999...
    "When you ask the question, “Does Iraq possess militarily viable biological or chemical weapons?" the answer is “NO!” It is a resounding “NO”. Can Iraq produce today chemical weapons on a meaningful scale? No! Can Iraq produce biological weapons on a meaningful scale? No! Ballistic missiles? No! It is “no” across the board. So from a qualitative standpoint, Iraq has been disarmed. Iraq today possesses no meaningful weapons of mass destruction capability." -- Scott Ritter

We need to oil to run our cars and the trucks and ships that transport our food and to heat our homes. If you want to live in the stone age fine by me. The rest of the world is not going to.

So it's ok to invade other peoples country to steal their resources, how very 19th century of you. Do you think this attitude might be any way related to the growth in popularity of an extremist group who despise the west?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Well, Obama is asking congress for permission to wage war on ISIS, so they won't be around much longer. I know this is devastating news for some of our more ''liberal'' posters in this thread. Chin up, nodin et al

fedor.2. wrote: »
    Well, Obama is asking congress for permission to wage war on ISIS, so they won't be around much longer. I know this is devastating news for some of our more ''liberal'' posters in this thread. Chin up, nodin et al

That's going to make some rightwingers on here very sad if it means liberal women who support Palestinians aren't going to be raped and murdered by ISIS anymore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

The BAAAW will love this news it will give them something to protest about. Shame they have been pretty silent about the 56 air raids carried out by Jordan

If you had a friend in Syria ( I presume they are 'Western' in appearance) then I advise you to have a very serious chat with them. The were at extreme risk. What, may I ask, is their reason for going to Syria? (Feel free not to answer this question if it may compromise your friends identity.)

The graveyards are full of aid workers who believed they would somehow be fairly treated in the event of any hostilities, as though that red cross vest magically granted them protected status.

The whole idea of kidnapping someone can be to use them as a bargaining chip, draw attention to the situation on the world stage, or, as appears to be the case with ISIS, kill the hostages in an brutal attempt to show the world what they are capable of. A psychological warfare tactic, to put it bluntly. And these tactics do work, unfortunately.

Well, I don't know.
    I was clubbing in Beirut in September. It wasn't the hellzone then and it isn't now that so many who have never been would say.

Last summer (2013) I was drinking in Morocco and sold my cheap (only 40k) apartment just outside Tangiers. Never saw a single beheading or flogging or Arab woman being beaten or subjugated. In fact I snogged a Tunisian girl on the dance floor in a lame disco bar in Tetouan.

I don't know how the experts who claim to know everything about the world get their information but I've seen different. And I trust my experience more than I trust bullshitters

New evidence suggests that Ms Mueller was "given" to an ISIS commander according to intercepted communications. The poor girl was most likely beaten and raped into submission. Her life since 2013 when she was kidnapped must have been hell on earth. Words failed me to describe my angry and rage toward these bastards.

"most likely" ?

Can you state where the "Hamas manifesto" calls for genocide against jews worlwide.....as you stated?

Can you answer my earlier question, if you please?
    Could you explain why you think....not know...think, that she was sexually violated?

David, you came to this debate, in fact to these fora very recently. I trust you've read the charters with respect to trolling or "winding people up for the craic".

Have you done so? You have mouthed quite a litany of lies and inflammatory propaganda in your short stay thus far. I'm just going to ask you an honest question in the form of this, and this is....are you here to purely take the proverbial urine or are you in possession of a higher knowledge that the rest of us can't see?

• Advertisement

So back to the discussion,

Was this girl killed by ISIS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Why would that be?

Can you tell me or anyone under what legal sanction President Obama can request military action against anyor anything absent an attack on the United states? Moreover can you explain how a president would seek congressional approval for war against nobody

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Sociopath2

So back to the discussion,

Was this girl killed by ISIS?

ISIS are fairly sharp operators when it comes to propaganda. I don't believe she was killed in an air strike. There have been no casualties I am aware of among western hostages in any of the waves of air strikes so far. It seems very convenient that she was killed so quickly once Jordan intensified it's campaign.

It's an easy way for them to drive a wedge between the West and Jordan. A young female compassionate aid worker, who wrote about not being mistreated. The perfect victim, one that those in the West who would be opposed to US foreign policy and military action would identify with.

If they had killed her in the manner of the other hostages ISIS would have risked hardening attitudes among moderates in the west. They are savage but not stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Sociopath2

Can you tell me or anyone under what legal sanction President Obama can request military action against anyor anything absent an attack on the United states? Moreover can you explain how a president would seek congressional approval for war against nobody

He is asking congress for an authorization for use of military force. It authorises military action against specified targets, possibly in specified theatres but that may be left open and a time frame.

http://fox13now.com/2015/02/11/watch-live-pres-obama-speaking-on-isis-military-action/

Some existing examples:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorization_for_Use_of_Military_Force_Against_Terrorists

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorization_for_Use_of_Military_Force_Against_Iraq_Resolution_of_2002

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

That's going to make some rightwingers on here very sad if it means liberal women who support Palestinians aren't going to be raped and murdered by ISIS anymore.

Ah here. Now who is using the death of a person to score political points?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

David, you came to this debate, in fact to these fora very recently. I trust you've read the charters with respect to trolling or "winding people up for the craic".

Have you done so? You have mouthed quite a litany of lies and inflammatory propaganda in your short stay thus far. I'm just going to ask you an honest question in the form of this, and this is....are you here to purely take the proverbial urine or are you in possession of a higher knowledge that the rest of us can't see?
    MOD: Considering so many of your posts are rants against the US, you're not well suited to accuse others of spreading propaganda. Leave the modding to the mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Let's get one thing straight. ISIS killed her.

Yes, I know, I said exactly that, FFS.

Also the rest of your post is just more victim blaming crap, and nothing more. Honestly, it really is disgusting how some on here react due to her politics.

Ah here. Now who is using the death of a person to score political points?

I'm summing up the thread, really. It's funny/ sad to see some posters go on and on about the victims of ISIS and why we need to use force to eradicate them, but very soon afterwards in a different thread denigrate the personality and deeds of another one of their victims because she held political opinions that were slightly, just slightly different from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I'm summing up the thread, really. It's funny/ sad to see some posters go on and on about the victims of ISIS and why we need to use force to eradicate them, but very soon afterwards in a different thread denigrate the personality and deeds of another one of their victims because she held political opinions that were slightly, just slightly different from them.

Oh the gloating online elsewhere is much worse, with comments like they hope she was burned alive and other nasty crap. Its amazing how quickly the mask drops, and the amount of hatred people will pour on a victim of ISIS. Utterly pathetic carry on.

Advertisement