Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS Victim Kayla Mueller Sent This Letter To Her Family Before She Was Killed. :(

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Sociopath2 wrote: »
    He is asking congress for an authorization for use of military force. It authorises military action against specified targets, possibly in specified theatres but that may be left open and a time frame.

http://fox13now.com/2015/02/11/watch-live-pres-obama-speaking-on-isis-military-action/

Some existing examples:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorization_for_Use_of_Military_Force_Against_Terrorists

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorization_for_Use_of_Military_Force_Against_Iraq_Resolution_of_2002

Sociopath you are go to use Wikipedia as a source for political/historical information? It doesn't go through a clearing house therefore it is not reliable.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

humanji wrote: »
    MOD: Considering so many of your posts are rants against the US, you're not well suited to accuse others of spreading propaganda. Leave the modding to the mods.

My posts are NOT rants against the US. My posts which decry administration hypocrisy and criminality do not qualify as anti-American (whatever that catch-all, dismissive quip is supposed to mean) anymore than someone who decries Israeli soldiers killing civilians is anti-Semitic.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,172 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

That poor, decent-hearted child. I've said something similar before, but I think it's high time First Recon started clanking through ISIS country, remodelling a few of the fcukers with Kukris and M2 Brownings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Egginacup wrote: »
    Well, I don't know.
    I was clubbing in Beirut in September. It wasn't the hellzone then and it isn't now that so many who have never been would say.

Last summer (2013) I was drinking in Morocco and sold my cheap (only 40k) apartment just outside Tangiers. Never saw a single beheading or flogging or Arab woman being beaten or subjugated. In fact I snogged a Tunisian girl on the dance floor in a lame disco bar in Tetouan.

I don't know how the experts who claim to know everything about the world get their information but I've seen different. And I trust my experience more than I trust bullshitters

None of the above is true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

wes wrote: »
    Oh the gloating online elsewhere is much worse, with comments like they hope she was burned alive and other nasty crap. Its amazing how quickly the mask drops, and the amount of hatred people will pour on a victim of ISIS. Utterly pathetic carry on.

I haven't seen it but I'm not surprised, sadly. Remember the double standards exist across conflicts and across situations. Israel killing teens throwing stones is acceptable but Assad killing teens throwing stones is enough to make rightwingers call for regime change. This poor woman is murdered (directly or indirectly by ISIS) and people first check to see her political affiliation before they decide toe express sympathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

porsche959 wrote: »

" Over the past week, more than a few notable voices in the West have been raised to say that maybe we aren’t much better than IS, maybe we’ve done even worse things than them, and maybe we should therefore STFU and stop passing judgement on that eccentric foreign statelet."

The author puts this forth as his argument at the start but then goes on a rant that in no way backs up the premise. It's a very shoddy article filled with cringe-worthy cliches and soundbites that stem from a degenerated American right-wing media. 'Self-loathing', 'pseudo-liberal',

This part is typical of the entire right-wing, pro-neo-con mindset:

"We’ve also had Glenn Greenwald, the David Icke of the dinner-party anti-war set, arguing that the Islamic State does not have ‘a patent on burning people alive’. Guess who else has done it? We have, of course! Oh, and Israel: Greenwald knows his audience and knows he’ll get a record number of retweets if he likens the Jewish State to the Islamic State."

He takes a commentator that he could never hope to actually counter with facts and insults him immediately, makes a wild claim about 'what would happen', etc, but at absolutely no point does he actually engage Greenwald's opinions.

The right and those obsessed with liberals offer nothing but endless, ill-informed conflicts that will drain America dry, murder millions and in support of their agenda they'll offer soundbites, immature insults, fake concern for some victims but not other others if it goes against their political class, no logic, shallow arguments, no facts, no attempt to engage legitimate concerns over America's foreign policy, ad nauseam.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Sociopath2

Sociopath you are go to use Wikipedia as a source for political/historical information? It doesn't go through a clearing house therefore it is not reliable.

Wikipedia is a convenient resource, I could find peer reviewed articles on the subject but that's more effort than I'm willing to put into this online debate.

The existence and contents are authorizations for use of military force are not disputed. You asked a question, I provided you with the answer.

I don't see your issue, other than you somehow disagree with the answer.

Those are facts, the President can seek an authorisation from congress to use military force against specific targets. There is precedence for it, even before the two I quoted. Desert Storm was authorised with one.

Pedantic criticism of sources smacks of someone not getting the answer he wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

My posts are NOT rants against the US. My posts which decry administration hypocrisy and criminality do not qualify as anti-American (whatever that catch-all, dismissive quip is supposed to mean) anymore than someone who decries Israeli soldiers killing civilians is anti-Semitic.
    MOD: You continually drag threads off topic to have a rant about the US. This is the hypocrisy being pointed out to you when you claim others are spreading propaganda. Stop back seat modding with directions you yourself won't follow. This isn't up for debate here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

Kayla Mueller was an idealistic, many would say naive, young woman who believed she could make a difference in this dark world. Moved by the plight of helpless Syrian refugees especially children displaced by the cruel civil war she volunteered to go to the Middle East to help them. She was kidnapped the barbarian savages of ISIS in 2013 and was tragically killed apparently in a Jordanian airstrike on a building where she was held prisoner in Raqqa, Syria now capital of the so-called Islamic State.

This is the full transcript letter she wrote to her family:

Everyone, If you are receiving this letter it means I am still detained but my cell mates (starting from 11/2/2014) have been released.

I have asked them to contact you + send you this letter.

It’s hard to know what to say.

Please know that I am in a safe location, completely unharmed + healthy(put on weight in fact); I have been treated w/ the utmost respect + kindness. I wanted to write you all a well thought out letter (but I

didn’t know if my cellmates would be leaving in the coming days or the coming months restricting my time but primarily) I could only but write the letter a paragraph at a time, just the thought of you all sends me into a fit of tears.

If you could say I have “suffered” at all throughout this whole experience it is only in knowing how much suffering I have put you all through; I will never ask you to forgive me as I do not deserve forgiveness.

I remember mom always telling me that all in all in the end the only one you really have is God. I have come to a place in experience where, in every sense of the word, I have surrendered myself to our creator b/c literally there was no else….+ by God + by your prayers I have felt tenderly cradled in freefall.

I have been shown in darkness, light + have learned that even in prison, one can be free. I am grateful.

I have come to see that there is good in every situation, sometimes we just have to look for it. I pray each each day that if nothing else, you have felt a certain closeness + surrender to God as well + have formed a bond of love + support amongst one another…

I miss you all as if it has been a decade of forced separation. I have had many a long hour to think, to think of all the things I will do w/ Lex, our first family camping trip, the first meeting @ the airport.I have had many hours to think how only in your absence have I finally @ 25 years old come to realize your place in my life.

The gift that is each one of you + the person I could + could not be if you were not a part of my life, my family, my support. I DO NOT want the negotiations for my release to be your duty, if there is any other option

take it, even if it takes more time.

This should never have become your burden. I have asked these women to

support you; please seek their advice. If you have not done so already, [REDACTED] can contact [REDACTED] who may have a certain level of experience with these people.

None of us could have known it would be this long but know I am also fighting from my side in the ways I am able + I have a lot of fight left

inside of me.

I am not breaking down + I will not give in no matter how long it takes.

I wrote a song some months ago that says, “The part of me that pains the most also gets me out of bed, w/out your hope there would be nothing left…” aka -­ The thought of your pain is the source of my own, simultaneously the hope of our reunion is the source of my strength.

Please be patient, give your pain to God.

I know you would want me to remain strong.

That is exactly what I am doing.

Do not fear for me, continue to pray as will I + by God’s will we will

be together soon.

All my everything,

Kayla

i see no reason to believe the letter is legit...textbook propaganda pr stuff...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭mrbrianj

So back to the discussion,

Was this girl killed by ISIS?

Who do you think killed the girl?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

mrbrianj wrote: »
    Who do you think killed the girl?

The Butler in the library with feather duster (.do I get a prize)

was the lady indeed married to an isis commander?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

This makes no sense whatsoever.
    You are trying to insinuate that ISIS are somehow vehemently opposed to Israel. Nobody thought such a thing until you introduced the notion into the discussion. You are stating that this girl's opposition to Israeli settlement expansion should somehow have endeared her to ISIS who, we might add, are still not evidentially culpable in her death. What exactly are you trying to say?
    it is saying that because she had sympathy for the palestinians she was a supporter of isis and a supporter and sympathiser of terrorists/terrorism, and was anti-cemetic. well thats what it sounds like anyway but i'd say i'm not wrong

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

So you believe Islamic extremists cannot be stopped? The entire Middle East should fall to them? Then Europe? America should retreat within its borders and let the armies of darkness march all over the face of the earth?
    the armies of darkness won't be marching across the face of the earth

But why DID America invade Iraq and kill so many innocent people?
    ja weapons of mass destruction init. oh, wait

Sunni and Shia terrorists killed those people in case you need to reminded of the daily car bombs that killed people by the hundred or the mass beheadings or power drill murdered corpses floating down the Tigris and Euphrates?
    which happened because the country was destabelized by the invasian

They fought the insurgents and killed thousands of the car bombing and beheading f*cking b*st*rds.
    along with double the amount of innocent civilians

The Sunni tribes who were abandoned by Obama when he pulled out the troops and who are now fighting for their lives against ISIS because cowardly American liberals hated Bush and wanted his war to fail.

lol. bushes war was always going to fail. nothing to do with "bush hating cowardly American liberals"

Saddam only admitted Blix under the pressure of military action. Blix returned to the UN complaining Saddam was not fully disclosing whether he had WMD stockpiles and programs or not. Saddam could have complied with any of the 18 UN resolutions but he didn't. He didn't have any WMD anyway so couldn't he have called Bush's bluff?
    Saddam could have give up his WMD and the UN sanctions could have been lifted.
    That's what China and Russia and France wanted.
    They were negotiating generous oil contracts with his regime.
    Saddam was brutal murderous bastard so I'm glad he's gone.
    ISIS are small beer who can be crushed relatively easily.
    The only reason they are a problem today is because a cowardly Western public and political elite are afraid to loose a few troops.
    deluded.

• Advertisement

DeadHand wrote: »
    I'll have to pull you up on this.

eotr made a massive intellectual forward leap. I was applauding it and I feel it's unfair that I'm being misunderstood.

no, you tried to make a dig at me. it failed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

seriously dude, multiquote.

this is like one of those facebook messenger conversations with a girl who hits enter at the end of every clause.

no, you tried to make a dig at me. it failed

No it was very funny in fairness.

Tugboats wrote: »
    None of the above is true
    prove it. he was there

prove it. he was there

No he wasnt

ja weapons of mass destruction init. oh, wait

you really think bush and his folks made it all up? where were you in the 80s and 90s? i also recommend reading what bill clinton had to say about it all back in 2004 in time magazine...there was never a question whether saddam did once have wmd, that was a known fact and he used the stuff too...the thing is that much of it was and is unaccounted for...

it is saying that because she had sympathy for the palestinians she was a supporter of isis and a supporter and sympathiser of terrorists/terrorism, and was anti-cemetic. well thats what it sounds like anyway but i'd say i'm not wrong

It wasnt

which happened because the country was destabelized by the invasian

No

seriously dude, multiquote.

this is like one of those facebook messenger conversations with a girl who hits enter at the end of every clause.
    the posts i quoted were to far apart. take them as they are now

• Advertisement

the armies of darkness won't be marching across the face of the earth

They will

Advertisement