Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown spoilers for this week (Feb 10 Tapings)

• 11-02-2015 4:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭

A Big show face turn?

A potential Big Show v Kane feud.

In 2015.

giphy.gif

2/10 WWE Smackdown TV taping spoilers: Full coverage of the taping for Thursday's television show (spoilers)
    2015-02-10 19:40:59

Dot Net readers Kristopher Maffey (his commentary below) and Clint Bowersock attended the WWE Smackdown taping in Dayton, Ohio and is sent the following combined report.

1. Bray Wyatt beat R-Truth by pinfall. Bray won with Sister Abigail. If he facing Taker at WrestleMania then opponents shouldn't be getting as much offense early.

2. Paige beat Summer Rae. Paige won with Paige Turner. Typical diva match

3. Fandango beat Adam Rose by pinfall. Fandango won with leg drop off top rope. Fandango needs a new gimmick. He can wrestle.

4. Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns in a tag gauntlet match. Miz and Mizdow were up first. Bryan got the pin. The Uso Brothers were out next. A very long match. Bryan showed some heel tendencies against them. I don't know if just because of Reigns/Uso connection. Roman broke up some of Daniels spots. Bryan submitted an Uso with the Yes Lock. The third team was Los Matadores. Bryan submitted one of them quickly. Heath Slater and Titus O'Neil were out next. Reigns hit a spear to beat them. The Ascension were up next. Daniel was spilled to the outside, then the Ascension teamed up on him. Reigns saved him. The Ascension went to work on Reigns into announce table. Bryan back in. The Ascension hit wasteland on Bryan. Reigns was dragged back in. Refs ran in from the back. The Ascension was disqualified.

Big Show and Kane were out next. Reigns and Bryan were down in ring to start this match. The heels definitely came out to major heat. Kane got the better of Reigns. Show did some power spots on Bryan. Kane checked back in and got some believable near falls. Show tagged in and double teamed Bryan. Bryan tried to make tag. Reigns and Show jawed at one another. Show said he'd knock him out again. Show and Kane seemed to have tension over who got to pin a downed Bryan. Kane tagged himself in Bryan got him in Yes Lock. Show tagged in and tagged in. Bryan get Show in Yes Lock, but Kane broke it up. Show and Kane had tension. Show knocked out Kane. Reigns speared Show, and Daniel Bryan got the pin. Reigns did a lot of baby face saves, and Bryan led Yes! chants to end the show.

It will be interesting to see the edits on Thursday. I'm looking forward to reading how Jake Barnett views it, and seeing whether Bryan is played up as heel.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Does anyone else get annoyed when reading these spoilers when the writer chimes in with their ridiculous opinions.

Fandango needs a new gimmick. Christ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Does anyone else get annoyed when reading these spoilers when the writer chimes in with their ridiculous opinions.

I get more annoyed when two thrown together wrestlers easily defeat the whole tag division.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

You now realise that there's a fair chance we're getting Kane vs Big Show at Wrestlemania....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

They've completely lost their minds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Most of the WWE roster were travelling to Abu Dhabi.

My two favs are:
    Making it clear they didn't actually BUY the tickets or that they were dragged under protest or they haven't watched WWE in years.

Making it clear they have a girlfriend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

I prefer when they cheer the heels and boo the faces. It also warms my cockles when "their section" started an hilarious chant that may or may not have been audible on the broadcast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

They are trolling so hard.

That's 33 times Big Show has turned. Thirty ****ing three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

I legitimately spat out my coffee when I saw the gif and then the bolded part. LOL :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I suppose Show was due a turn. It's been what, two or three months since his last one?

Here's hoping we're not going to see yet another storyline about how Corporate Kane decides to once again put on the mask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

All his previous turns right here. I've just done a bit of a thread on the man.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057379135

– A few months after entering the WWE he wound up in a feud with Mick Foley. Following the feud, he KO’d Vince McMahon and joined the Union to fight the Corporation.

– Show winds up turning heel again four months later and forms a tag team with The Undertaker feuding with Kane and X-Pac

– Less than three months later Show turns face during the infamous “Big Show Father is Dead” storyline and feuds with Prince Albert and the Big Bossman.

– Three months after Show turns face he turns heel again at the Royal Rumble where he wound up getting into it with The Rock. Show was eliminated by The Rock in the Rumble which started a feud between the two.

– Immediately after WrestleMania Show starts doing those goofy impersonations of other wrestlers (Showster, Showkishi) which of course turned him babyface. He wound up feuding with Shane McMahon.

– Two months after losing to Shane at Judgment Day Show turned heel again. Show acted as if he was going to go after Shane McMahon but instead wound up attacking The Undertaker.

– Show turns babyface again, pledging loyalty to the WWE throughout the Invasion angle and feuded specifically with Shane once again.

– Show turns heel again right after WrestleMania X-8. Show attacks Steve Austin and joins the n.W.o.

– The Big Show returns after a lengthy injury-related absence and turns babyface once again after choosing to wrestle Kurt Angle at No Mercy 2004.

– The Big Show is drafted over to ECW and becomes the top heel in the company. Show winds up winning the title after Paul Heyman turns on Rob Van Dam.

– The Big Show seemingly turned babyface when he returned at No Way Out in 2008 only to turn back heel immediately by attacking Rey Mysterio thus turning twice in one night.

– Show winds up turning babyface over the course of the next few weeks when WWE fans reject Floyd Mayweather Jr. as the babyface in their feud.

– Show goes heel again in a few months after aligning himself with Vickie Guerrero in her feud against The Undertaker. Show attacked Undertaker at Unforgiven and began interfering in his matches.

– Show teases another babyface turn when he winds up with a spot on Team RAW. Show actually winds up turning on Team RAW to reveal he was a SmackDown guy all along. So in a sense he never really turned since he was a heel in the place.

– In April 2010 The Big Show KO’s The Miz after they lost the unified tag team championship which immediately turns him babyface (of course!)

– The Big Show returns after a lengthy absence in May 2012 with an “ironclad” contract as the henchmen of John Laurinaitis and begins a feud with John Cena.

– In March 2013 The Big Show helps Randy Orton and Sheamus against The Shield turning him somewhat babyface although this was never a full-fledged turn.

- Show “turns heel” (if you consider his alliance with Sheamus and Orton an turn) and KO’s Orton and Sheamus after losing a six-man tag team match to The Shield at WrestleMania 29.

– Show returns from another lengthy absence and continues his feud with The Shield and thus makes a full-fledged babyface turn aligning with Mark Henry.

– Show turned twice in one night once again in October when he KO’s Daniel Bryan at Battleground only to turn around and turn babyface once again by KO’ing Randy Orton.

The Big Show turns on Team Cena at the Survivor Series, KO’ing Cena and walking off of the team to join The Authority.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lord TSC wrote: »
    You now realise that there's a fair chance we're getting Kane vs Big Show at Wrestlemania....

Retirement match hopefully were they both lose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Good thing about Kane vs Show at Mania? Means they won't be facing anyone else. Though they do take a slot.

I hate how they do the "How will they coexist" thing and then the team goes on to win not just one match but beat all tag teams, including the champs who were second out for some reason. That just kills the tag division.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

In kayfabe land the guys that are in tag teams are there as they re not on the level of where Bryan and Reigns are. So it does't bother me if its someway competitive as its still two on two.

What did bother me is when someone like Big Show would beat a tag team in a two on one match.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lord TSC wrote: »

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

The Usos vs Reigns/Bryan was actually pretty good and hard fought

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Big Show v Kane to be bumped to the main event of mania? We got a classic hear folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Looking forward to the spot where they both grab each other by the throat looking for the choke slam. That sure does get me excited for Wrestlemania. Yesireebob

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Tag teams being this way has been happening in the US since 1998 sadly. I liked the Gauntlet for what it is was. Show/Kane breaking up instead of Reigns/Bryan was a cute twist I guess.

The biggest surprise on the show was Summer Rae showing the potential she once showed about a year ago as an in ring worker. Then again she was in the ring with Paige and not Cameron.

Advertisement