Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas and Electricity

Options
  • 11-02-2015 7:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello
    I have been with Electric Ireland now of for over 3 years and last night I got a SSE Airtricity sales person at my door inviting my to switch over to them with all the bells and whistles. I had been thinking about switching over for the bast few months. I made the switch over to SSE Airtricity yesterday, but after he left I had a strange feeling that I had gone from bad to worse. Did I do the right move by leaving Electric Ireland or is this the same stuff in different wrapping?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Boils down to price first. Is the unit rate less and the standing charge less?
    Airtricity have had some bad reports on billing and customer service issue but probably a very small percentage of customers.

I'm not sure what the consumer issue is really.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'd reckon you're right to switch as your rates may have gone down and you probably got an introductory discount also.
    And by saying that, you should probably switch again either next year or the year after next (if they got you on a 2 yr contract).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Airtricity sales people are a pain in the ***. They will tell you what you WANT to hear, but in many cases they oversell, over promise and under deliver.

You should of course be getting a discount - Energia will give 15%+ off their standard prices, as will Electric Ireland - just ring them and ask for a discount to stay with them for anther 12 months and you will have a discount applied in seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

There will be a cooling off period of 2 weeks or so, might even be more but all you have to do is get moving on that, contact your existing/previous supplier and ask them what they could do regarding a discount to stay may also get some benefit, they may also be able to decline any request by SSE or give you the SSE email to decline the service inside the cooling off period as SSE can be difficult to get through to, as are many when it comes to closing an account with them, Id still ring and contact SSE and get the email from them as that way they cant claim someone else made an error.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Please do not go into a discussion about salespeople.

Moving to the Accommodation & Property forum

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,529 ✭✭✭✭ted1

thorb wrote: »
    Hello
    I have been with Electric Ireland now of for over 3 years and last night I got a SSE Airtricity sales person at my door inviting my to switch over to them with all the bells and whistles. I had been thinking about switching over for the bast few months. I made the switch over to SSE Airtricity yesterday, but after he left I had a strange feeling that I had gone from bad to worse. Did I do the right move by leaving Electric Ireland or is this the same stuff in different wrapping?

You should have changed 2 years ago to some one else. Discounts only last 12 months.
    I also advise people not to go to SSE Airtricity as they are incompetent with regards issuing bills and anyone that has trouble with a supplier is with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 thorb

Thanks everybody for great advice . I called Electric Ireland back and they gave a great deal so I will stay with them another year.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭hago123

Hi everyone,
    Since I am unable to create a new thread, i am posting it here. Can someone help with starting a new thread?
    My question is:
    I will be moving to Shannon next month and spoke with the rental agency today. She said that even if I don't use the electricity and Gas I am supposed to pay 1 Euro per day for each of the supplier plus VAT. The house is GFCH and an apartment. The minimum bill will be 75 Euros per month mandatory.
    Is this right? Could some one explain me?
    Thanks in Advance
    Hago

Advertisement