Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote query

Options
  • 11-02-2015 9:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hello,

I have a full motorcycle licence for many years. However I haven’t ridden a bike on the roads a long time. I’m now thinking of getting an old scooter for recreation and possibly a small amount of commuting.

Given the value of the scooter wouldn’t be that high I don’t see the point of insuring it against theft, so third party insurance would be all I’d be looking for. I noted the answer in the FAQ section regarding how my address affects the cost of my insurance, which I thought I understood. However I have a number of places where I could store the scooter and I entered these addresses on to the on-line quote system on your website, I did not change my home address. There was a difference of about €100 in the quotes between the various storage addresses. Given that my address remained constant and the quote did not cover theft I am just wondering how where the scooter is stored can affect the price of the insurance.

Also could you tell me if you do joint car and bike insurance.

Thanks a lot.

LeopoldIII

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

LeopoldIII wrote: »
    Hello,

I have a full motorcycle licence for many years. However I haven’t ridden a bike on the roads a long time. I’m now thinking of getting an old scooter for recreation and possibly a small amount of commuting.

Given the value of the scooter wouldn’t be that high I don’t see the point of insuring it against theft, so third party insurance would be all I’d be looking for. I noted the answer in the FAQ section regarding how my address affects the cost of my insurance, which I thought I understood. However I have a number of places where I could store the scooter and I entered these addresses on to the on-line quote system on your website, I did not change my home address. There was a difference of about €100 in the quotes between the various storage addresses. Given that my address remained constant and the quote did not cover theft I am just wondering how where the scooter is stored can affect the price of the insurance.

Also could you tell me if you do joint car and bike insurance.

Thanks a lot.

LeopoldIII

Hi LeopoldIII
    Unfortunately we do not offer a multi vehicle policy. You would have to insure your scooter and your car on separate policies. Can you PM me with your quotation details and I will arrange for someone to look into your query regarding your address and contact you.
    Regards
    Seán

Advertisement