Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Hotel Wexford

Options
  • 11-02-2015 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone the best family hotel around Wexford town for a couple of nights at Easter?

Thanks,
    Chucky

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

All subjective but......

The Talbot Hotel is quite family friendly and is in town along with Whites Hotel which for me is a little more sterile (more modern).

The Whitford House Hotel is quite nice too though would be around 20 minutes walk into town (and 6€ fixed amount for a cab), all the above have leisure centres with pools.

Ferrycarrig Hotel, horses for courses but it's at least a 30 minute walk into town and last time I stayed there the rooms needed updating. Has a leisure centre with pool.

Maldron Hotel also has Leisure Centre and would be about 30 minutes walk to town.

There is also The Riverbank House Hotel across the bridge in Wexford, about 5 minutes walk across the bridge, smallish hotel - doesn't have Leisure centre but right next door is the Wexford Swimming Pool and gym etc which only opened in the last couple of years after major refurbishment.

My choice - the Talbot, nice food, leisure centre, no taxies as you'd be right in town and good little boozers, restaurants all within walking distance. Second choice - The Whitford.

All of the above are online, check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

Does it have to be wexford town? Amber springs in Gorey has excellent facilities for children and Kellys resort in rosslare is supposed to be top notch also.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

thanks for the replies. I'll check those out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

The Maldron promotes itself as family friendly. It has a nice pool and they let the kids run wild like feral cats around the bar and reception until all hours, if that's your thing

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

Is Ferrycarrig hotel on a beach? can't tell from the site - looks like a river

I see it's the river now.....any of the other hotels mentioned on the beach?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

What about the Riverside Park Hotel in Enniscorthy ? 15 minute drive from both Wexford and Gorey. Lovely hotel and is very family orientated

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

Ferrycarrig is not on a beach.. Is on the river though..

Kellys hotel is Rosslare is top notch as highlighted earlier and on the Beach (it has private access from hotel to beach) and is family run..

Kellys also has indoor/outdoor tennis courts, mini golf, spa, leisure center among many other facilities.. My guess would be its a lot more expensive than the other options mentioned though..

Riverbank House Hotel is close to a "beach" its a stone beach mind you.

Kellys would be closest to beach if money no object and you really don't want to stay in Wexford Town, maybe lets have a budget and we could tell you whats doable and whats not?

Whats all this about Gorey, Enniscorthy and Rosslare when the OP asked "Can anyone the best family hotel around Wexford town for a couple of nights at Easter"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

vicwatson wrote: »
    Whats all this about Gorey, Enniscorthy and Rosslare when the OP asked "Can anyone the best family hotel around Wexford town for a couple of nights at Easter"

Maybe the OP hadn't considered other areas in Wexford and those hotels suggested may suit his/her family better than any in the town itself. There's no harm in having a few options.

• Advertisement

Sure maybe the op didnt consider Arklow or Carlow or Waterford either:p:pac:

Advertisement