Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Apple Warranty Replacement Criteria Q.

• 11-02-2015 10:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭

I got an iPhone 5S with Three in November 2013. In June 2014 the screen started clicking and was loose, I went to Belfast to the Apple Store and they gave me a new phone to replace it. Now the exact same thing is happening this phone so will Apple replace it again under warranty as the phone is only 9 months old??

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Why dont you ask Apple?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

The warranty doesn't start again with a replacement phone. It ended in November 2014, so they will treat it as a 14 month old phone, not 9 months old. However, this fault should not be happening in such an expensive piece of equipment. Your contract is with 3, not Apple, so you need to write to 3 laying out what exactly has happened with the phone, and that you expect a replacement under the Sale of Goods Act 1980. Read up on the Act yourself, and get to know it. Ask them to replace, repair or refund you for the phone. They will probably say its outside its one year warranty, but ignore that, give them 10 days to fix the problemm or you will start proceedings with the small claims court.

The Three forum is here, you could start the ball rolling with the reps there: Three

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Whiterebel is spot on ... but I would try the Apple route first and see how you get on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Went to Apple Store in Belfast last week and no go. They told me my warranty had expired and I'd have to go back to Three for a repair or pay them £99 for a new screen which I wasn't willing to do.

I told them Straight that it was a fcuking disgrace that a £500 phone they provided less than 10 months ago had developed a known fault and they were refusing to Stand over it. The girl just stared at me blankly as she knew I was correct and loose screens were very common with the 5/5S.

I'm not going back to Three as tbh I'd rather suffer the loose screen than deal with their customer service or the people they employ who can't do or tell you anything unless they get permission from on high who they wont contact as they're not allowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Went to Apple Store in Belfast last week and no go. They told me my warranty had expired and I'd have to go back to Three for a repair or pay them £99 for a new screen which I wasn't willing to do.

I told them Straight that it was a fcuking disgrace that a £500 phone they provided less than 10 months ago had developed a known fault and they were refusing to Stand over it. The girl just stared at me blankly as she knew I was correct and loose screens were very common with the 5/5S.

I'm not going back to Three as tbh I'd rather suffer the loose screen than deal with their customer service or the people they employ who can't do or tell you anything unless they get permission from on high who they wont contact as they're not allowed.

Jesus... just ring Three and tell them you want your phone sorted out.
    Stop being a little girl about it.

If they still kick up, ask them to discuss consumer law requests with you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You don’t have to deal with them. As whiterebel said, write them a letter. If/when they don’t respond to your satisfaction, you submit a small claims application. It costs 25 euro, you can do it online and you won’t have to go to court - unless Three are idiots and think the cost of repairing your phone is worth the legal costs.

Companies deliberately keep their customer service agents ignorant of consumer law, which why the small claims court is often the only route available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

whiterebel wrote: »
    The warranty doesn't start again with a replacement phone. It ended in November 2014, so they will treat it as a 14 month old phone, not 9 months old. However, this fault should not be happening in such an expensive piece of equipment. Your contract is with 3, not Apple, so you need to write to 3 laying out what exactly has happened with the phone, and that you expect a replacement under the Sale of Goods Act 1980. Read up on the Act yourself, and get to know it. Ask them to replace, repair or refund you for the phone. They will probably say its outside its one year warranty, but ignore that, give them 10 days to fix the problemm or you will start proceedings with the small claims court.

The Three forum is here, you could start the ball rolling with the reps there: Three

This exactly. Send the letter by registered post too, in case they claim they never received it ;)

Advertisement