Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Correct computer desk depth for comfortable use?

Options
  • 11-02-2015 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi,
    I am thinking about buying a computer desk for my Pc tower (cooler master cm 690 iii case),
    23 inch ASUS VX239H monitor and a Razer Deathstalker keyboard.
    The desk i want to buy is 61 cm deep (24 inch).
    Is that depth enough for a 23 inch IPS panel monitor?

What is the depth of your computer desks?

I want to make sure that it wont be too shallow before i buy it.
    I don`t want to keep my face to close to the monitor screen.
    What do you think about this desk :
    JULIAN BOWEN SURFER STUDY DESK
    I am not allowed to attach links as I am a new user :(
    When you google it it and press images it will be the first picture displayed.
    I am thinking about placing my pc tower on the top of that desk on the right side.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

2 feet deep? it might be ok for the pc stuff. however it may be an issue for your legs? i know i wouldn't be able to stretch out at all.
    my desk is 31 inches and just enough.
    but i'm not sure if that 2 feet includes the keyboard tray. if it does, then too small. if not, then it will be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Tomaspol

Skatedude wrote: »
    2 feet deep? it might be ok for the pc stuff. however it may be an issue for your legs? i know i wouldn't be able to stretch out at all.
    my desk is 31 inches and just enough.
    but i'm not sure if that 2 feet includes the keyboard tray. if it does, then too small. if not, then it will be fine

Could you post a link or picture how does your desk look ?
    31 inches is quite deep. I am sure that would be very comfortable.
    I might rethink that and get a deeper one.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I use a 60cm deep desk, but with monitor arms they're actually closer. Its a "standard" size (lots of ikea stuff is 60) and should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I use a 60mm desk as well, and for me, it's a little on the small side. If your desk is not going to be up against a wall, it's not as much of an issue though.

Advertisement