Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Thinking of Buying Iphone 5S

• 11-02-2015 12:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭

Hi I am thinking of buying an Iphone 5S off a reputable seller in Adverts.ie, what do I Need to do to transfer apps etc from my iphone 4, I am currently on contract to emobile, the phone I am interested in is unlocked by Apple so I presume this would be easy to do. Cpmplete newb when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Apple support Back up and sync you 4s with iTunes, then do the same with the new phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Is it difficult to change the sim or will I need to go into a shop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

patmac wrote: »
    Is it difficult to change the sim or will I need to go into a shop?

No, very simple. A paper clip will pop the sim tray out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

4s has a micro sim, 5s has nano.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

As said you will need a new sim as well (or get the one you have cut, most phone shops will do for free).
    You say reputable seller, as in based on feedback or an actual shop? Anyway best advice I can give with buying an iPhone is to buy it at someone's home or shop. Just so you have an physical address to go to in case of any problems after the purchase. If the seller only wants to meet in a public place walk away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Close to buying a 6 everything looks legit will the fact that it was originally purchased in the UK affect warranty etc?

Here is the IMEI

iPhone 6
    16GB Gray

IMEI:
    Serial Number:
    Activated: Yes
    Find My iPhone: On
    Telephone Technical Support: Expired
    Repairs & Service Coverage: October 15, 2015
    Estimated Purchase Date: October 14, 2014
    Country Purchased: United Kingdom
    Carrier: