Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs fighting when brought for a walk

• 11-02-2015 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Hey guys, I have 2 Yorkshire terriers (girl is 4, boy is 2) both are very placid and calm when in the house, generally tend to do their own thing and have a bit of a mess the odd time, over the last few months when I'm about to bring them on a walk and put the harness and leads on they will start attacking each other mainly when I'm getting the other ready and all the way out of the estate untill we all it's settle in to the walk, it's at the point where we have to get them ready in seperate rooms but this isn't always possible if only one of us is at home and we need to bring them out. They never behave aggressive to each other in any situation bar this, even if we're giving a treat they will wait their turn or if I am holding one there's never any jealous, generally at a loss as to why this is so any help is appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Are they properly fighting or just play fighting? My older one gets a bit frisky sometimes when I'm getting them ready to go for a walk and he'll jump on the other dog and start trying to pull her around but it's pure play and he stops when told

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

My lot can get very over the top when the leads come out sometimes and look like they are going to kill each other, but it is not aggressive just over excitement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Any chance of being able to video it Mojo? One of my two goes nuts when they are ready to go out. He's ready to pounce our other dog, he gets so excited all you see are playbows and "growowowow" growls coming from him, but it's all excitement.

I'd have to see how your two behave before I could pass comment as to whether they are excited or killing each other lol.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

Advertisement