Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Claims Delay

Options
  • 11-02-2015 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi,

I'm currently taking a former client (I'm a UI designer) to small claims court but there appears to be some kind of delay.

I set up the case online on csol.ie about 6 weeks ago but I've heard nothing. The site still says "case not initiated." I originally had it set up with the Dublin District Court because that's where my business address is but the case was reassigned to Waterford about 3 weeks ago.

I'm just wondering if it is normal for it to take this long to take a case to court?

The guy I'm making the claim against isn't a bad guy so I know when he receives the court letter that he'll cough up immediately so I'm kind of anxious to at least get the letter sent.

Anybody have any experience with this stuff?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

flanagain wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm currently taking a former client (I'm a UI designer) to small claims court but there appears to be some kind of delay.

I set up the case online on csol.ie about 6 weeks ago but I've heard nothing. The site still says "case not initiated." I originally had it set up with the Dublin District Court because that's where my business address is but the case was reassigned to Waterford about 3 weeks ago.

I'm just wondering if it is normal for it to take this long to take a case to court?

The guy I'm making the claim against isn't a bad guy so I know when he receives the court letter that he'll cough up immediately so I'm kind of anxious to at least get the letter sent.

Anybody have any experience with this stuff?

Cheers.

Give the Waterford court office a ring. Is it a claim for a debt? If so, this isn't covered by the small claims procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 flanagain

Give the Waterford court office a ring. Is it a claim for a debt? If so, this isn't covered by the small claims procedure.

Hey, thanks for the response. I'm actually in Holland at the moment so I sent them an email instead.

It's for an unpaid invoice. €1500. I wasn't aware that this sort of thing wasn't enforceable by small claims court - would it be the labour court I have to go to for this?

Appreciate the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

flanagain wrote: »
    Hey, thanks for the response. I'm actually in Holland at the moment so I sent them an email instead.

It's for an unpaid invoice. €1500. I wasn't aware that this sort of thing wasn't enforceable by small claims court - would it be the labour court I have to go to for this?

Appreciate the help.

I think you'll have to go through the District Court and issue a claims notice. I don't really know anything about the labour court.

Advertisement