Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Salary Survey Mania - how can I find an accurate answer?

• 11-02-2015 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi there,

Recently started looking for a new job in marketing(ish) role and decided to research what salary I should be paid before getting invovled in recruitment process's - just as a guideline and benchmark

So tried the old google search and there seems to be a hundred and one different salary surveys out there, many with conflicting advice, figures and some seem to be from back to 2010, and I assume salaries have moved a bit since then.

Someone the other day did mention to me a live or real-time salary guide/survey but I can't seem to find it.

Any ideas on that would be appreciated or if anyone knows of the site that was mentioned to me that might be useful as well.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Hi there,

Recently started looking for a new job in marketing(ish) role and decided to research what salary I should be paid before getting invovled in recruitment process's - just as a guideline and benchmark

So tried the old google search and there seems to be a hundred and one different salary surveys out there, many with conflicting advice, figures and some seem to be from back to 2010, and I assume salaries have moved a bit since then.

Someone the other day did mention to me a live or real-time salary guide/survey but I can't seem to find it.

Any ideas on that would be appreciated or if anyone knows of the site that was mentioned to me that might be useful as well.

Thanks

Look for an equivalent public job and benchmark your experience against its salary scale.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi there,

Thanks

whats your chosen career, qualifications and experience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

How long is a piece of string?

All of the surveys are based on nominal descriptions of a role and are very hard to compare one with the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭creedp

Look for an equivalent public job and benchmark your experience against its salary scale.

If you take on board many of the contributions from private sector contributors on here you should discount the equivalent PS scale by at least 50%

Edit - OP apologies for the flippant comment. Good luck with your job hunting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 whodumaflip

Thanks for all the advice - I'm still trying to source the one that I either heard/rea about - seem to recollect it was some sort of live/real-time salary source.

The reason it sticks with me is that I know it wasn't Payscale or Glassdoor, these are both global sites, it was from what I recall something similar but definately Irish based or focused.

I'll keep looking though and thanks for all the help - appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Offhand the Morgan Mckinley one seems to be fairly accurate. The Works & Jobs Forum might have better feedback.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

You could get in touch with a recruitment firm, they'd probably have a decent idea of how much you're 'worth'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 whodumaflip

Thanks for all your help and advice

- I think I've found the site that I either read about or someone mentioned to me - it seems to be called mysalary - logical :) when looking for information about My Salary.

It seems to be a fairly new Irish domain and focused web site.

Once again many thanks for everyone's input

Advertisement