Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GearBox Issue

Options
  • 11-02-2015 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

Just a quick question,

Is the GearBox Casing in a G&G Scar l a standard casing? Or is it a proprietary casing?

Any info greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ElSniperino

It appears to use a standard V2 gearbox, so most if not all parts should be easily replaceable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

A Standard V2,

Excellent, I got it 2 weeks ago from James Kehoe and the right hand side, ie not selector plate side is cracked at the front. :-(

So I should be able to use a normal V2 casing then.

Sweet.

Cheers dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

NO a standard V2 gearbox shell WILL NOT DO as there is an additional hole in each side of the G&G gearbox shell which locate the extra selector gear which are located on the outside of the gearbox shell and are part of the ambidextrous selector mechanism
    Most other V2 gearbox shells do not have this extra hole but I have modified a standard V2 shell so that it can be used

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ElSniperino

DeBurca wrote: »
    NO a standard V2 gearbox shell WILL NOT DO as there is an additional hole in each side of the G&G gearbox shell which locate the extra selector gear which are located on the outside of the gearbox shell and are part of the ambidextrous selector mechanism
    Most other V2 gearbox shells do not have this extra hole but I have modified a standard V2 shell so that it can be used

My mistake then. I must have read incorrect sources. My apologies.

Hey DeBurca,

Is that gearbox casing for sale?

Or is it the 1 that you use?

• Advertisement

Hey DeBurca,

Is that gearbox casing for sale?

Or is it the 1 that you use?

No sorry it was for a repair of a G&G Scar
    Unless you can get another G&G Gearbox shell you will have to do some drilling

If you can get another G&G gearbox shell be sure it is the correct type as I have 2 G&G gearbox shell here and only 1 of them has the necessary hole in it

Hey Mate,

I will use the original casing as a template for the location of the holes.

Cheers for the help.

Hey Mate,

I will use the original casing as a template for the location of the holes.

Cheers for the help.

Your welcome

Advertisement