Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus to FAS in raheen industrial Park

• 11-02-2015 1:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there is any bus that travels out to the FAS centre in raheen from town?

Thanks

Comments

Yes, there is, unfortunately it seems entirely up to the driver's discretion as to whether he actually drives there or not.

When I was working in Raheen myself I got on many's the bus outside Todds/Brown Thomas that said "Raheen Industrial Estate" on the window. Going from experience, I always made a point of asking the driver "are you really driving on to the industrial estate, or is that just a joke to get people to buy tickets?"

The answer? "I'll see when I get there".

So to cut a long story short, pay for a ticket to "X" destination (in this case FAS), driver says OK, but changes his mind mid-route, then decides he'll just dump the peasants where ever he likes. Usually Raheen roundabout

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Applause

The 301 bus stops at the training centre every 30 minutes religiously, you can catch it from Debenhams and various other stops in town.

The 304 bus also leaves Debenhams a few minutes before the 301, it stops at the church just before the roundabout as it's turning to go through Ballycummin, the training centre is a 5 or 10 minute walk away, depending on how fast you walk.

If you need to be there at 8:30, don't get the 301 bus that arrives at 8:30 because you will most definitely clock in late. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

Many thanks to you both for the info.
    Much appreciated!

Advertisement