Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to configure the QoS for VOIP on an HG658c router?

Options
  • 11-02-2015 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

As per subject, I have an HG658c router, which is now also providing access to a VOIP service. Everything works fine, but I would like to configure its QoS parameters so that voice gets priority even when the broadband is in use.

I tried to configure the settings myself, but there are way too many parameters and I don't really know what I'm doing, therefore I would be glad if someone with more knowledge of this stuff could give me some directions. :)
    By the way, there are "Help" links on the pages, but they are not very helpful. For example, the "help" for DSCP mark is "here you can enter the DSCP mark".

I took two screenshots of the settings pages, perhaps they will help understanding what I have to do.

Screenshot 1 - General QoS settings
    8driQRv.png

Screenshot 2 - Initial attempt at VOIP QoS configuration
    Those are settings I copied from the other settings, therefore they are (almost) random.
    vp42oVL.png

Thanks in advance for the help.
    Tagged:

Advertisement