Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comedy in Limerick

• 11-02-2015 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Quick question.Is there any good comedy clubs in Limerick city??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Moved to Limerick forum. I think you might get better responses here OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

130809%20LCC%20Image%20.jpg

This place is the best comedy club in the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Ye just beat me to it :D

Dolans used to run some comedy gigs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

I know the Treaty Comedy Club do a circuit, went to see them once in Cobblestone Joes, decent enough, think they are linked to some club in UL.

Seemed to be based in JP's bar in Sarsfield street now

https://www.facebook.com/TreatyComedyClub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭georgem25

Check Dolans website. They have a comedy night once a month in association with Live 95FM. This month its Al Porter on Feb 27th.

Choke comedy are also performing in Kasbah (next to Dolans) on Feb 19th

https://dolans.ie/

Also check out Filibuster comedy

https://www.facebook.com/FilibusterComedy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

georgem25 wrote: »
    This month its Al Porter on Feb 27th.

Not sure he qualifies as comedy. Brutal imo.
    Similarly, Jason Byrne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

vkid wrote: »
    Not sure he qualifies as comedy. Brutal imo.
    Similarly, Jason Byrne.

Porter is on the ROT and i fast forward whenever I see him - cant stand him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Treaty Comedy Club

Warlock45 wrote: »
    Quick question.Is there any good comedy clubs in Limerick city??

Evening mate. Treaty has been mentioned here already but I thought I'd personally respond myself.

We run 3 gigs a month: Ever second Thursday in JPs Bar on Sarsfield Street and a showcase event the last Wednesday of the Month in Cobblestone Joes.
    We book established acts on the amateur Irish circuit as well as helping newcomers develop material and get on stage.

Our next event is the March Showcase in Cobblestone Joes on Wednesday the 25th where we will have:

Jake Bourke (Touring Brighton and Edinburgh Fringe festival with his new show. Jake Bourke: Failure)
    Danny Ryan (Winner of Show me the funny. Prize: Comedy tent at electric picnic)
    Steven Ryan: (Finalist in the Chortle Student Comedy awards; Edinburough Fringe 2014)

We'd love to see you there.

Cheers,
    Bam O'Grady
    Treaty Comedy Club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭black & white

Mc Love wrote: »
    Porter is on the ROT and i fast forward whenever I see him - cant stand him.

I saw him live in Dolans for a charity gig late last year and he was excellent, agree that he's poor on RoT though. Similarly, I think Jason Byrne doesn't come across well on TV but I've seen him live 3 times and thought he was very good each time.

Advertisement