If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Onkyo UBT-1 bluetooth adapter and TX- NR609

Options
  • 11-02-2015 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭

hi guys,

I got the pioneer soundbar, thanks a mill - will be setting it up at the weekend.

the bluetooth adapter doesn't seem to be working correctly with the receiver though. It pairs to the phone (windows phone 8.1) but there is no sound? I've tried pairing and unpairing, turning on or off etc but still no sound.  The firmware on the receiver is uptodate.  I've done some online searching but haven't yet had any solution.  

Any ideas?  

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

ablelocks wrote: »
    hi guys,

I got the pioneer soundbar, thanks a mill - will be setting it up at the weekend.

the bluetooth adapter doesn't seem to be working correctly with the receiver though. It pairs to the phone (windows phone 8.1) but there is no sound? I've tried pairing and unpairing, turning on or off etc but still no sound.  The firmware on the receiver is uptodate.  I've done some online searching but haven't yet had any solution.  

Any ideas?  
    Hey Ablelocks.

HMMM...

I've done some digging and seem to have discovered that it only works with 2012 models onwards.
    I'll double check with Onkyo but if this is the case we can issue a refund for you.

hi guys,

Any ideas?  
    Hey Ablelocks.

HMMM...

I've done some digging and seem to have discovered that it only works with 2012 models onwards.
    I'll double check with Onkyo but if this is the case we can issue a refund for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

thanks Kenny

hi Kenny, 

any update on this?  

hi Kenny, 

any update on this?  
    hi Kenny, 

any update on this?  
    Hey Ablelocks.

Apologies for the delay.

Got to speak to Onkyo and yip it will only work from 2012 models on-wards.

I'll get a refund issued for the dongle.

Just hang on to it or you can bin it ;)

Again sorry for any hassle this may have caused.

• Advertisement

thanks Kenny, no hassle at all.  

of course, there is the option of upgrading the receiver so it will work with the dongle?!

of course, there is the option of upgrading the receiver so it will work with the dongle?!
    Hey Ablelocks.

You could try and get one with out wireless but it would also be an older version as the current ones have wifi built into most of them.

Onkyo TXNR535 priced at 349.99 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12741-onkyo-txnr535.aspx?swapstore=1
    Listed in the boards clearance thread:
    52:
    ONKYO TSNR535 – AV Receiver, Bluetooth, Internet radio, Built in Wifi
    http://www.richersound...1-onkyo-txnr535.aspx
    Brand New Boxed
    Was £399.95 – Boardie Special £199.95 / 278.99 Euro

Or the 636 version priced at 629.99 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12740-txnr636.aspx

I'll need to give you a call to grab your details to process the refund as we have shredded your details at this end :rolleyes:

Hey Ablelocks.

You could try and get one with out wireless but it would also be an older version as the current ones have wifi built into most of them.

Onkyo TXNR535 priced at 349.99 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12741-onkyo-txnr535.aspx?swapstore=1
    Listed in the boards clearance thread:
    52:
    ONKYO TSNR535 – AV Receiver, Bluetooth, Internet radio, Built in Wifi
    http://www.richersound...1-onkyo-txnr535.aspx
    Brand New Boxed
    Was £399.95 – Boardie Special £199.95 / 278.99 Euro

Or the 636 version priced at 629.99 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12740-txnr636.aspx

I'll need to give you a call to grab your details to process the refund as we have shredded your details at this end :rolleyes:
    I'm tempted Kenny, but no.  I would actually be shot if a receiver arrived a few days after a soundbar

I was talking to Michael on Monday about this - can someone confirm that the refund has gone through?

thanks
    able

I was talking to Michael on Monday about this - can someone confirm that the refund has gone through?

thanks
    able
    Hi Able,

I processed your refund on Monday, that should be back on your account in the next ouple of days.

Kind Regards
    David

• Advertisement

thanks David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.