Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea v Everton, BT 7.45

• 11-02-2015 2:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭

Big game for both teams tonight, Evertons 1-0 win at Palace was there first in 5 away games. The same fixture last year ended with a last minute JT winner on February 22nd.

Costa and Mikel are out, Luis and Cesc are expected to be invovled.

For everton, Howard, Baines, McCarthy and Pienaar could return while Hibbert, Osman and McGeady are out.

Few facts:
    Steven Naismith has scored in three of his last four Barclays Premier League appearances against Chelsea.
    Everton ended a run of five consecutive away defeats in the league last time out with their 1-0 victory over Crystal Palace.
    Chelsea have kept 15 clean sheets in their last 19 top-flight home matches, conceding just six goals in that run.
    Cesc Fabregas made his BPL debut against Everton in August 2004. In his last four appearances against the Toffees he has scored three goals and assisted three more.

A win here with City having to travel to stoke, could see Chelsea extend our lead at the top. Expecting a nervy 2-0 Chelsea win TBH.

Chelsea starting team that I'd like to see

T-bo
    Ivan Zouma JT Azp
    Cesc Matic
    Cuadrado Oscar Hazard
    Remy

Drogba was terrible against Villa and Willian had a knock in the City game that he carried into the Villa game, he was risked and even though hes not showed any issues with it, it could be a first start for Cuadrado. As long as Zouma is returned to CB to deal with Lukaku I'll be happy enough.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

They'll come for a draw, hell they did that at home for Liverpool so I cant see them being any more ambitious tonight.

2-0 Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If they try and play the right system, Lukaku could have a few chances tonight, Kane bullied Cahill and JT at the Lane recently and Lukau, if hes on form is more than capable of similar.

A lot of ifs and buts invovled in that statement though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If they try and play the right system, Lukaku could have a few chances tonight, Kane bullied Cahill and JT at the Lane recently and Lukau, if hes on form is more than capable of similar.

A lot of ifs and buts invovled in that statement though.

This is why Zouma is a must. No one will bully him, and i'd say he's faster then Lukaku.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    This is why Zouma is a must. No one will bully him, and i'd say he's faster then Lukaku.

It would be a good battle no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Like I said on our own thread,

Everton's away form for the last 6 matches reads
    L L L L L W
    Ours at home reads
    W W W W W D

Citys next 3 league games

Stoke - a
    Newcastle - h
    Pool - a

Stoke will be big test tonight, they should do the job against Newcastle and before the go away to one of Englands form side right now in Liverpool on Sunday theyve the small matter of a game against Barcelona on the Tuesday night.

Thats a lot of tricky games for City.

Theres the potential for fropped points along the way.

By contrast we have

Everton & Burnely - H

Our game against Leicester is moved as we've the Capital 1 cup game so City will have played a game more than us by the time we go into March, if we can keep up a 5 + points gap and a game in hand I'll be delighted.

Citys next 3 league games

Stoke - a
    Newcastle - h
    Pool - a

Stoke will be big test tonight, they should do the job against Newcastle and before the go away to one of Englands form side right now in Liverpool on Sunday theyve the small matter of a game against Barcelona on the Tuesday night.

Thats a lot of tricky games for City.

Theres the potential for fropped points along the way.

By contrast we have

Everton & Burnely - H

Our game against Leicester is moved as we've the Capital 1 cup game so City will have played a game more than us by the time we go into March, if we can keep up a 5 + points gap and a game in hand I'll be delighted.

I can see us being 9 clear with a game in hand to be honest. Call it biased but I can see City only getting 4 points from those 3.

I can see us being 9 clear with a game in hand to be honest. Call it biased but I can see City only getting 4 points from those 3.

Ita very possible, as long as we do our buisness by beating our two opponents I'll be happy, will keep City back to at worse 4 points by the time we enter March and we'll have a game in hand.

You never know what Everton could turn up tonight though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Easy win for Chelsea

I don't think Martinez will last long at Everton, gone at some stage in 2015 I think

• Advertisement

Easy win for Chelsea

I don't think Martinez will last long at Everton, gone at some stage in 2015 I think

It would be silly to sack him before the season is out, the way the league is shipping up above them they wont make any European Football, unless they win a cup so an 8-10th finish looks likely at this stage unless they seriously turn around their fortunes.

This game last year was dire too BTW, Howard made 2 or 3 decent saves, Cech made a good save too and the winner was borderline offside I'm sure, I'd take that now as its 3 points but I'm hoping for a good showing from us after another sluggish away performance.

Evertons full away record is

Played 12, W3, D3, L4, GF14, GA18 Pts 12

Chelseas home record is

Played 11, W10, D1, L0, GF25, GA4 Pts 33

Our social media accounts seem to be hyping Cuardado all day. Wonder if we could see Him Willian and Hazard with Oscar dropped? He was poor against Villa but was in fine form before that.

Our social media accounts seem to be hyping Cuardado all day. Wonder if we could see Him Willian and Hazard with Oscar dropped? He was poor against Villa but was in fine form before that.

Right now, for the first time in a long while, the 3 support players are in good form.

Oscar has a few goals lately, even Hazard has 4 league goals in his last 5 away games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I'm heading to the game, can't wait to get out of work and make my way over :)
    Hopefully I get to see some magic from Cuadrado

I'm heading to the game, can't wait to get out of work and make my way over :)
    Hopefully I get to see some magic from Cuadrado

Enjoy it, my last 3 games have been draws, hopefully your record is better :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Enjoy it, my last 3 games have been draws, hopefully your record is better :o

HA HA, I have been four times before and we have won everytime, even saw Torres score a brace in the one game! so put your money on us tonight :D

HA HA, I have been four times before and we have won everytime, even saw Torres score a brace in the one game! so put your money on us tonight :D

Whats worse is the West Ham and Norwich games both finished 0-0 at lesat there was goals in the City game even if it was a poor enough game.

A Torres brace....jaysus thats a collectors item. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Was at the fixture in Goodison, I reckon it will have a similar amount of goals, except with a Chelsea clean sheet.

8-0 Chelsea

Was at the fixture in Goodison, I reckon it will have a similar amount of goals, except with a Chelsea clean sheet.

8-0 Chelsea

Be luck if its a quarter of that prediction

• Advertisement

Stoke missing a few players for tonight, I'm going to say City 3-1 after they go 1 down.

Chelsea team v Everton: Cech; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Ramires, Matic; Cuadrado, Willian, Hazard; Remy. #CFC

No courtois or oscar or cesc.

Strange calls

Chelsea subs v Everton: Courtois, Cahil, Ake, Filipe Luis, Fabregas, Loftus-Cheek, Drogba. #CFC

Massive pace in this team now though

I assume Courtois is dropped after fumbling half a dozen crosses on Saturday, no biggy when Cech is the back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

No cesc??????? wtf

duploelabs wrote: »
    No cesc??????? wtf

Ramires has been playing well enough and we've PSG in 6 days time, I'd say its to give him extra time, if hes needed tonight he'll play IMO.

I'm excited by Cuadrado too.

Everton team

Tim Howard

Seamus Coleman
    Phil Jagielka
    John Stones
    Bryan Oviedo

Steven Naismith
    Muhamed Besic
    Gareth Barry
    Aaron Lennon
    Ross Barkley

Romelu Lukaku

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Fair play to Everton that looks like a decent attacking lineup. Looking forward to the game, looking like I'll have to stream from work though -_-

Theyve a decent team in fairness but no Baines will give Cuadrado an easier than expected first start I'd imagine.

Very surprising to see Courtois not playing, might be a slap on the wrist for not being up to scratch the other day... Cesc is fair enough, obvs still not quite right and he's got plenty of injury history... Happy Remy plays instead of Drog and I think the only reason Oscar gets droppes is because Willian had a stormer the other night,

Very interested to see Willian in the middle too, can't see Cuadrado coming off the wing too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

C'mon Everton, happy to see Lennon start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Michael Owen is co commentating lads. Enjoy. :D

Very surprising to see Courtois not playing, might be a slap on the wrist for not being up to scratch the other day... Cesc is fair enough, obvs still not quite right and he's got plenty of injury history... Happy Remy plays instead of Drog and I think the only reason Oscar gets droppes is because Willian had a stormer the other night,

Very interested to see Willian in the middle too, can't see Cuadrado coming off the wing too much.

Oscar is dropped altogether so he must have an illness or knock.

Theres no way RLC or Ake gets in if Oscar is fit.

Still though its good competition in the supporting role

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    Michael Owen is co commentating lads. Enjoy. :D

I'll be relying on other means by the looks of it so I'm saved tonight. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

6-0 Chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

Listening to Steve McManaman is ear rape!!!

duckman!! wrote: »
    Listening to Steve McManaman is ear rape!!!

Infinitely better than Quinn. If there is a hell, my life will be commentated on by him.

6-0 Chelsea

8-0 Chelsea

We've a good home record but I cant see this being a great, high scoring game.

• Advertisement

Infinitely better than Quinn. If there is a hell, my life will be commentated on by him.

Quinn and Owen would be purgatory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

WTF is hargreaves wearing under that jacket?

Anyone fancy predicting when Gary Barry gets his yellow card, I'll say the 18th minute

WTF is hargreaves wearing under that jacket?

Anyone fancy predicting when Gary Barry gets his yellow card, I'll say the 18th minute

Throw me down for 25th minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Best Everton can hope for is 0-0. Think they could get hammered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Mascot is taller than Aaron Lennon

Jaysus Naismith was taking a chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Close from willian

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Good tempo so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Should have scored. That could be Everton's chance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement