Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office Business or Home?

Options
  • 11-02-2015 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

I'm venturing into the world of self-employment. I have been partially self-employed, partially PAYE worker over the past year.

The nature of the work I do requires me to be onsite most of the time and a lot and all my clients have Office 365, which I can use when onsite but I need to update the version on my own laptop to work on-the-go more. I only have Office 2003 at the moment but now that I will be working more on it I had a look at the various options from MS and it all seems a lot more convoluted than it used to be when I last bought a copy.

Long story short, all I will really be using is word, excel and powerpoint - should I go for one of the 365 plans or one of the home suites, or does it even matter?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

If you are using Office for commercial use such as business, I am fairly certain it is required to purchase the Business package. The Home packages are cheaper as they are licensed subject to non-commercial use

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Office 365 has benefits outside of the office applications you are familiar with. Mostly this is online storage, and a lot of it. 10TB I believe.

Advertisement