Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Draft

Options
  • 11-02-2015 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Why on earth can't I buy a Bank Draft for less than €500 in Branch.  Instead I was told to go to the post office to get a Postal Order???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi celevie

Thanks for getting in touch here on Boards.ie

We're sorry you are unhappy with the bank policy regarding bank drafts. This is correct, they can only be purchased for amounts of €500 and above. 

Have you considered using Bank of Ireland 365 Online to transfer the funds electronically? If you need help with setting up online banking, our Activation Team are on hand today. Please see more details here

As bank drafts can take time to clear when lodged to an account, sending the funds electronically is usually faster option for customers and can be transferred at any time day or night online.

We appreciate your feedback and will ensure this is forwarded to our Branch Network Dept.

Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 4 celevie

Hi Allison.  I do Banking 365 online but in this case the recipient could only accept a bank draft or postal order so I had to go across town to queue for another 20 minutes in post office.   Thanks anyway.

Advertisement