Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you physically image an iPod classic?

Options
  • 11-02-2015 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have an iPod classic (120GB, 2008, PC formatted as FAT) in front of me next to a pile of blank DVDs beside a powerbook and a Vostro laptop. How do I get everything (even the dust in the corners) out of the iPod onto the DVDs?
    Is it possible to image the drive in the iPod?
    It'd be nice if the files were readable, certainly, but that's not essential.
    What is the default picture size for images on the iPod? The ones I'm getting off it seem to be thumbnails. Can I pull down full resolution images from the iPod?

I've so far tried a few small programs like Xilisoft file converter which is alarmingly similar to IMTOO and their program that does the same job. If I'm in iTunes and the library on the Mac iTunes library is empty, what happens if I hit sync? I got a warning about it, so I'm hesitant.

I've never had to do this before, so any help would be welcome

Advertisement