Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

accom near fidelity investments, parkmore east?

• 11-02-2015 4:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondered if someone could recommend decent areas in the area. I may be accepting a role there and have no idea about accom close to this area. Any feedback much appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Hey,

The Fidelity Dublin office is in City West, Dublin.

The Fidelity Galway office is in Parkmore East, Galway.

Which one will you be working in?

They are 2 hours apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

lol, apologies city west.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

I work in Citywest, the luas line run pretty much to the door so probably good to look for somewhere along the red luas line. Colleagues of mine live in the IFSC and get the luas door to door, that is if you want to be in the city centre. Another city centre option is Smithfield. Inchicore is close to the city centre and easily accessible by Luas to citywest. Obviously that is by Public transport, if you are driving, you could choose anywhere really although the area around citywest wouldnt be my first choice of a place to live. Because of the M50 it is easily reached by most places. I drive form town each morning in 40 minutes.

thanks kathy, out of those areas which would be the safest?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Moved to Dublin County West as you will probably get better answers here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

zweton wrote: »
    thanks kathy, out of those areas which would be the safest?:)

Are you driving or using public transport? If not driving I would look at the Inchicore area, should be lots to rent round there.

Kathy22 wrote: »
    Are you driving or using public transport? If not driving I would look at the Inchicore area, should be lots to rent round there.

hi kathy, sorry for the REALLY late reply:) i think i will be going with public transport. I will check out inchicore area on daft. Also heard lucan could be a good option for citywest location?

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

There isn't any public transport link between citywest and lucan, but it is within cycling distance

ok cheers simon, would you recommend any other good areas to rent near city west?

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

If you are relying on public transport, somewhere convenient to the luas red line. Personally, I'd prefer to live closer to the city centre, so kilmainham, inchicore, smithfield or somewhere like that.
    The other option is around Terenure, Rathmines or Templeogue and get the bus (65b), but you are at the whims of the timetable then, so I wouldn't do that myself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement