Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving to Collinstown - area and commute to Dublin

• 11-02-2015 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

HI All,

My wife an I looking at buying a house in Collinstown Co. Westmeath. What's the are like and how would the cmommute be to Dublin city centre, southside? Any public transport options (recognise that I would have to drive a distance to connect with a bus or train.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

kifi wrote: »
    HI All,

My wife an I looking at buying a house in Collinstown Co. Westmeath. What's the are like and how would the cmommute be to Dublin city centre, southside? Any public transport options (recognise that I would have to drive a distance to connect with a bus or train.

Thanks

im living about 3 mile from the village of collinstown.

Train is via Mullingar and goes to Pearse Street. I use to get dart to Aviva then
    Bus - one goes through the village but commuter is via Athboy

As I don't live in the village im not sure what its like but pass through it and have family in it all there life and no issues

Pm me if you want any more details that you don't want to put up in public forum

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭kifi

im living about 3 mile from the village of collinstown.

Train is via Mullingar and goes to Pearse Street. I use to get dart to Aviva then
    Bus - one goes through the village but commuter is via Athboy

As I don't live in the village im not sure what its like but pass through it and have family in it all there life and no issues

Pm me if you want any more details that you don't want to put up in public forum

Great, appreciate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ethleberry

Hi Kifi
    Living outside Collinstown for the last number of years and returned to work in Tallaght 4 yrs ago! Its hard going the commute. The public transport is not suitable, bus only goes through the village twice a day and the train from Mullingar to Dublin, if I was to use it, i would have to take it at 6.25am, means leaving the house around 5.50am to allow for parking etc., to do the commute by pt it would be over 2hr! I leave the house a 6.45 to be in work for 8 and leave at 3.50 and am getting in to Collinstown around 5 so not to bad, as i have to be home to pick up kids
    The area is great in the summer as is everywhere but winter can be tough, but its great for the kids as the school are good and there are lots of clubs they are involved in so keeps them busy. Have the advantage of parents still alive in Dublin so try to visit during winter once an month and during summer hols alot!
    If you need any more info you can pm me and will be glad to help!

Advertisement