Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitman: Agent 47 (The movie, not the game)

Options
  • 11-02-2015 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

While this could go into the Film forum, I think it may have a place here as well, since it's from quite a love game franchise. But if the mods would prefer it over in Films, then all's good. :)

But the powers that be have made a second attempt at a Hitman movie:

And they seem to have decided to ignore the game and try and upstage the last film. Why? Shut your face! That's why! Nothing says "professional hitman who may be nothing but a legend" more than city street shootouts and police interrogations, with many non-target individuals being killed because it looks cool.

But at least the new game is reportedly going back to it's roots (well it's Blood Money roots).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Quinn is a hitman enough in Homeland so no fear of him playing the part but jaysus i wish they gave him a bald cap instead of a buzzcut.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Wasnt there already Hitman movie? I liked the first one, this one looks really meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

No.

That looks awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

looks decent to me, but loved the first one, why change actors though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Only good thing about that trailer is that remix of Voodoo child.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Interesting, he's a bad ass in Homeland so this looks promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Looks woeful. Plus silencer effects for guns that are clearly not silenced. The Hitman IP is doomed to never get a decent movie. Better just go watch Leon instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If they named it anything else, I'd be happy.

Because it ain't 47. Well, perhaps how I play it...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Hitman Silent Assassin my hoop. This is Rambo in a suit wrecks (insert major US city here) movie. Die Hard 4 crashing a taxi into a helicopter while fighting an F-35 comes to mind here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Is Uwe boll directing this? It looks like a uwe boll film for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

That interrogation scene with the "You're locked in here with me" is a really poor imitation of rorschach's prison scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Wb3vguH.png

• ^ Post of the day

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Watching those two trailers together there is a major spoiler about how the story will go if you think about it. I don't really care but in case any of you guys do:-
    Obviously at the beginning Spock is portrayed as goodie protecting girl from evil agent only for it to turn out spock is the bad guy and agent the goodie who will of course show her how to do awesome stuff for second half action sequences

mewso wrote:
    Watching those two trailers together there is a major spoiler about how the story will go if you think about it.

Yeah I saw an article today that said that the new trailer gives away the ending. Seems to be the norm nowadays for movie trailers to give away most of the film, just look at terminator genisys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭bunnyarmstrong

Orim wrote: »
    Only good thing about that trailer is that remix of Voodoo child.

That's really not saying much about the trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Hmm.. I think it looks like it'll be better than the first, but the first one was absolute tripe. Didn't capture the sneaky/disguise/different method part of the game well at all, or the darkness of the storyline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Actually looks alright to me if you don't consider it seperate from the games and it's just a film. In fairness though I don't think the stealthy aspects of the game would translate very well to a film ie hiding in a closet for 10 minutes for a character to come in so you can swap his prop gun for a real gun would be very boring in the cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Terrible, terrible film.

Save your money. Watch the first Hitman film again, Agent 47 makes the first film look like The Godfather in comparison.

My expectations were low and the movie didn't even match that.

Well it has an absolutely terrible score on Rotten Tomatoes anyway.
    Less than 10% the last time I checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I, for one, am shocked. Was thinking about it last night and surely the best way to do a Hitman film would be a heist/usual suspects style.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

its silly but i still enjoyed the film. full cinema friday night too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Baron McBoomBoom

KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Smertulitanus

Hitman isnt bald why

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

I watched 20 minutes of this at the weekend and that was all I could take. The only thing that ties this in with hitman is his name and diana from what I can see. More of a rambo/die hard effort in terms of kill everything that moves in the loudest way possible and doesn't even do that very well. Avoid at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Orim wrote: »
    I, for one, am shocked. Was thinking about it last night and surely the best way to do a Hitman film would be a heist/usual suspects style.

It should be a TV series with an Interpol agent chasing 47 across the globe, piecing together how a hit went down CSI style until he gets a clearer and clearer picture of who, or what 47 is. Until in the season finale he actually manages to stop 47 from completing a job, putting him firmly in 47's sights.
    Then season 2 is him using everything he learned in season 1 to evade 47, stay alive and hunt down 47's creators to find out how to stop him.

47 is not likable, nor should he be. Movie creators try to humanise him, but lose what makes him 47 in the process.
    Brutal, efficient, outrageously competent and inventive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Smertulitanus

hitman in game he is bald, so in the movie he isnt bald, they made misstake with this movie

Advertisement