Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA and J1 visa

Options
  • 11-02-2015 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

im 27yr old a mature student in the same situation i want to go on a j1visa this summer to nyc.. im on back to education allowence currently my first year also.. how will this plan out for me when im back??...any advice would be grateful cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ioc

bump come on someone must know...........:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Check with DSP. Realistically they are the ones to give you something definitive. The BTEA operational guidelines allow you to work or sign on for the summer period without affecting your BTEA for the next year of your course. That would seem to indicate that you can do your J1 without affecting your payment for next year. But its DSP who can give you the full story.

You can contact the BTEA head office here:
    Tel:(071) 967 2616
    Locall:1890 927 999

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ioc

^^^ thank you so much :)

Advertisement