Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

stupid new docket system for casual subbing

• 11-02-2015 7:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

For those of you subbing on a casual basis and filling in the yellow dockets on a weekly basis ...have you gotten a letter about the new system they're introducing?
    Instead of signing the X and O 's with a pen you'll have to scratch a box. That's okay.
    But
    These new dockets MUST be signed by your employer on a WEEKLY basis. I promptly asked my social welfare office what happens if I'm off for weeks a time? Do I need to send them to Athlone? The very nice lady at the desk thought I will have to yes. And she agreed with me it's totally unworkable. She went off to check it but cane back to say yep, they obviously hadn't thought this through at all.
    I presume there's lots (thousands?) In the same position.
    Have you come across this? Was your SW office of any assistance?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭2011abc

Of course they've 'thought it through' make it as hard as possible so some people will just give up and they save money .Same from student grants to OAP home improvements etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭anfieldrd

You do not have to send it to Athlone, just get the school to sign it! Although it is annoying if you are between schools, or haven't had subbing for a week you are still expected to go to the school and get it signed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Which school though if you haven't had a school in a while?

Now as luck has it I got a call yesterday for a few weeks work so it's a mute point for now �� but the point still stands for a lot of subs I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

I was on them last year and if I'd no work on them at all I just wrote "substitute teacher, no work available" and they never had a problem with it

I'm not sure, I was lucky that the 2 schools I was working in were in 10 minute radius, but I would do as the other poster said and just write no work available. You can't be expected to travel to get a signature, they just like making things awkward. Things are tough enough without having to worry about chasing signatures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

tomissex wrote: »
    I was on them last year and if I'd no work on them at all I just wrote "substitute teacher, no work available" and they never had a problem with it

But these are NEW dockes. My understanding is they're only being rolled out now. Unless it's a phased thing? Oh I dunno! Letter I got indicated no signature would delay payment.

Must be slow releasing them in different areas, I have them since last year. They replaced the yellow dockets. The secretary usually signs it for me.

Advertisement