Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Set Up - 180 litres

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lemon_Drop

Your tank looks better now. I really like tanks with lots of plants.
    You were talking about adding C02 to the system. Is it running now, or are you adding fertilisers for the plants?
    Angles look stunning also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I never got around to buying a CO2 system. The plants just thrive on a once weekly plant food and water changes. I had a bit of a disaster with them recently actually. They started to die back rapidly and I couldn't figure out why.

We had a power cut one night which reset the timer on the lights. The lights used come on just after I went to work and would go off early evening. The timer reset meant the lights were coming on at 11pm and going out before I got up. It was only after herself asked me one day why I had the timer set up that way did I find out! She was up giving the toddler a bottle at 3am.

Once the timer was fixed and they received normal lighting again they have started to flourish again. There was only half the growth in that picture a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

SeaFields wrote: »
    I never got around to buying a CO2 system.

I have a Co2 system that i'm looking to offload as i'm moving towards a more maintenance free system.

Specifically this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/JBL-6302100-ProFlora-m602/dp/B001NI4ZKE/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1462893784&sr=8-2-fkmr1&keywords=JBL+proflora+M4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Disaster today. The lighting unit appears to have blown. Quick google and its a very common problem with the jewels. A sealed unit too so a quick replacement is out of the question. Going to email the retailer tomorrow and see what they say. Apparently Jewel have a 2 year warranty. Rang my brother and the same happened him but outside the two years. Just when the plants started to recover from the last lighting disaster :(
    CruelCoin wrote: »
    I have a Co2 system that i'm looking to offload as i'm moving towards a more maintenance free system.

Specifically this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/JBL-6302100-ProFlora-m602/dp/B001NI4ZKE/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1462893784&sr=8-2-fkmr1&keywords=JBL+proflora+M4

Do you want me to be divorced! If I spend any more on this tank....

Seriously though, my brother has a smaller co2 set that he is planning on upgrading over the summer and the old one is mine so holding out for that.

Advertisement