Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I know if my connection is too slow?

Options
  • 11-02-2015 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭

Hi folks....have Vodafone broadband and up until lately it was fine. However, when I try to watch movies on apps such as play box it keeps pausing. This is all in the iPad by the way. I did a speed test and the results were:
    Upload 0.32mbps

Download 0.93 Mbps

Ping 73........trace 8

Is this basically too slow??? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Those are pretty terrible speeds for this day & age. What are the maximum speeds advertised for your package? You'll probably struggle to stream without issues with what you have there. Have you looked into another provider? Try on another device as well to check it's not just a problem with the ipad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Thanks custard....I was able to stream movies a few weeks ago..am going to contact the provider and see what they say about an upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Like I said try it with another device & at a different time, might be just a temporary problem.

Advertisement