Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cycling club north dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭golfer555

07Lapierre wrote: »
    I can answer any questions you have about Swordscc

Had a look at the Swords CC weekend spins and they must be the most comprehensive in Dublin. Something there to suit everyone. Along with Orwell they must be the biggest club in the city. Pity it's just a little bit far out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

You'd hardly let me back in!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    You'd hardly let me back in!

NO! Your no longer up to our standard and you constantly slag off the club chairman! :p

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,446 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

NO! Your no longer up to our standard and you constantly slag off the club chairman! :p
    Thought that did reflect the club standard:confused:

Anyway rather he slags the chairman of McNally Swords than the mods around here

Lusk_Doyle, I am sure the club would welcome you back, but you will need to start riding a bike again (and then can start joining our beginner spins led by said chairman - it will give you a chance to rebuild the relationship and learn a bit about riding in a group):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

golfer555 wrote: »
    Had a look at the Swords CC weekend spins and they must be the most comprehensive in Dublin. Something there to suit everyone. Along with Orwell they must be the biggest club in the city....
    City??

City/County = chalk/cheese :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    What shade is the blue on the latest jersey?
    It's Pantone 285 (RGB 0, 114, 206, or HEX #0072ce).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Dunno about Swords, heard stories about members giving themselves nicknames like the Gruffalo ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

golfer555 wrote: »
    Thanks for this, it's certainly the closest club for convenience sake. What distance are the Sunday touring spins?

Touring group probably no more than 60-70km, at maybe 22-23kph... can be slow enough for anyone relatively fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭golfer555

jon1981 wrote: »
    Touring group probably no more than 60-70km, at maybe 22-23kph... can be slow enough for anyone relatively fit.

Ah right, the B group must be better so. Presume they would be 80k at around 25-26kph average?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Weepsie wrote: »
    I'm sort of in the same boat myself. I'm right beside Dublin wheelers but happen upon Clontarf and Swords groups when I'm out.

I do like the solitude too however and fear I'd be the person who causes a group to have an incident
    maybe we need a 'lone warriors' cycling club. for people who don't like cycling in groups. it'd be like a really widely spaced time trial when we go out for a club spin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

maybe we need a 'lone warriors' cycling club. for people who don't like cycling in groups. it'd be like a really widely spaced time trial when we go out for a club spin.

I look forward to the post on Facebook boasting about the 50 groups they had out on the road at the weekend :pac::rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you'd have drivers complaining about having to overtake a bunch of cyclists strung out into a 2km long 'peloton'.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

you'd have drivers complaining about having to overtake a bunch of cyclists strung out into a 2km long 'peloton'.
    CHANGE UP! I said.......oh never mind😂

Advertisement