Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resolution Required - New Customer Traumatic Ordeal

Options
  • 11-02-2015 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I wish to notify Eircom that I am not proceeding with my order for a broadband/landline number which was sold to me by your salesman Michael O’Connor on 14/01/2015. I was assured that no money would be taken and the 14 day cooling off period would not commence until the broadband and telephone was installed and working.

A technical survey was undertaken by your subcontractor on 23/01/2015 who advised me that my telephone socket would need to be changed and rewired from where the telephone line entered the loft of the house. He detected that the external phone lines from the nearest cabinet were dead and many junction boxes were broken and/or filled with water so infrastructure work would have to be carried out. He informed me that he would report his survey findings to Eircom and I should await contact from Eircom.

On 26/01/15 I received two text messages from Eircom stating that the new phone service had been connected and another text advising of  the new phone number XXX XXXXX. I telephoned the sales department 1800 773 729 and spoke to two agents for some 24 minutes asking why I had been assigned a phone number and told the line was active when nothing had been implemented by Eircom or their sub contractors. I was advised to “wait for a few days” and ring back if I had heard nothing about progress. I was also assured by these sales reps that no money would be taken and no contract was in force until the installation had taken place.

I received confirmation that a direct debit had been set up but again was assured that no money would be taken until the installation was complete.
    Having waited for some kind of communication from Eircom as to progress, I received a notification on 7/02/2014 that a direct debit would be applied for the sum of 48 euro to my account on 20/02/15. Given that I had assurances no monies would be taken I was not happy with this notification and telephoned customer care on 7/02/15 to be told that I could not take any action regarding the situation until after the weekend as many departments do not work weekends. However, the customer care agent to whom I spoke said he would waive the charges on the bill. However, this only turned out to be marked “in dispute”.

I left Eircom ten years ago because of the lack of adequate customer support and non resolution of technical issues. I thought the “new” Eircom attempting to take on the broadband and telephone market was a changed beast but sadly not so I made my decision that I did not want to proceed with with either broadband or telephone services.
    I telephoned customer services on 11/02/15 and spoke to a service agent called Trevor who informed me I would need to be transferred to the cancellation/loyalty team. I was transferred to  an agent called Michael Kinsella and was duly advised that my 14 days cooling off period had expired and I was bound to a contract. I advised him a contract works both ways and Eircom had not provided any service therefore they have no right to seek money or enforce any kind of contract. The phone call lasted an excrutiating 70 minutes at my expense only for the agent to declare he had two options a) raise a complaint b) pass on the fact that there was a fault on the lines in my area.

When he spoke to the engineering department they said there are faults in my particular area but had received no survey report from the sub contractor which clearly is an issue between Eircom and their sub contractors. However, the cancellation agent insisted he could not cancel my order and said the fault in my area would be attended to in 3 working days. He also raised a complaint on my behalf but would not put me through to a supervisor or other personnel.

I further spoke on 11/02/15 to the billing department and advised that I was cancelling the direct debit in writing to which she replied if the funds don’t come through I would be charged a further 18.00 euro as the direct debit wont be cancelled in time for the 20th of the month. My bank are cancelling the direct debit on the day and refunding my account.

I absolutely refuse to pay money for a service not provided, I do not wish to have any involvement with a company who clearly cannot communicate a) with customers (especially new ones) b)between their own departments c) with their sub contractors.
    A customer at no time should be put into this situation, it is unacceptable and has put me under considerable stress and anxiety. I therefore notify Eircom that the service is no longer required and demand that you cancel the account, direct debit and all links with me immediately.

A copy of this document has been lodged with Comreg, published on Boards.ie and also with the Consumer watch dog

I call upon Eircom to respond and to resolve this situation forthwith.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Equinista wrote: »
    I wish to notify Eircom that I am not proceeding with my order for a broadband/landline number which was sold to me by your salesman Michael O’Connor on 14/01/2015. I was assured that no money would be taken and the 14 day cooling off period would not commence until the broadband and telephone was installed and working.

A technical survey was undertaken by your subcontractor on 23/01/2015 who advised me that my telephone socket would need to be changed and rewired from where the telephone line entered the loft of the house. He detected that the external phone lines from the nearest cabinet were dead and many junction boxes were broken and/or filled with water so infrastructure work would have to be carried out. He informed me that he would report his survey findings to Eircom and I should await contact from Eircom.

On 26/01/15 I received two text messages from Eircom stating that the new phone service had been connected and another text advising of  the new phone number XXX XXXXX. I telephoned the sales department 1800 773 729 and spoke to two agents for some 24 minutes asking why I had been assigned a phone number and told the line was active when nothing had been implemented by Eircom or their sub contractors. I was advised to “wait for a few days” and ring back if I had heard nothing about progress. I was also assured by these sales reps that no money would be taken and no contract was in force until the installation had taken place.

I received confirmation that a direct debit had been set up but again was assured that no money would be taken until the installation was complete.
    Having waited for some kind of communication from Eircom as to progress, I received a notification on 7/02/2014 that a direct debit would be applied for the sum of 48 euro to my account on 20/02/15. Given that I had assurances no monies would be taken I was not happy with this notification and telephoned customer care on 7/02/15 to be told that I could not take any action regarding the situation until after the weekend as many departments do not work weekends. However, the customer care agent to whom I spoke said he would waive the charges on the bill. However, this only turned out to be marked “in dispute”.

I left Eircom ten years ago because of the lack of adequate customer support and non resolution of technical issues. I thought the “new” Eircom attempting to take on the broadband and telephone market was a changed beast but sadly not so I made my decision that I did not want to proceed with with either broadband or telephone services.
    I telephoned customer services on 11/02/15 and spoke to a service agent called Trevor who informed me I would need to be transferred to the cancellation/loyalty team. I was transferred to  an agent called Michael Kinsella and was duly advised that my 14 days cooling off period had expired and I was bound to a contract. I advised him a contract works both ways and Eircom had not provided any service therefore they have no right to seek money or enforce any kind of contract. The phone call lasted an excrutiating 70 minutes at my expense only for the agent to declare he had two options a) raise a complaint b) pass on the fact that there was a fault on the lines in my area.

When he spoke to the engineering department they said there are faults in my particular area but had received no survey report from the sub contractor which clearly is an issue between Eircom and their sub contractors. However, the cancellation agent insisted he could not cancel my order and said the fault in my area would be attended to in 3 working days. He also raised a complaint on my behalf but would not put me through to a supervisor or other personnel.

I further spoke on 11/02/15 to the billing department and advised that I was cancelling the direct debit in writing to which she replied if the funds don’t come through I would be charged a further 18.00 euro as the direct debit wont be cancelled in time for the 20th of the month. My bank are cancelling the direct debit on the day and refunding my account.

I absolutely refuse to pay money for a service not provided, I do not wish to have any involvement with a company who clearly cannot communicate a) with customers (especially new ones) b)between their own departments c) with their sub contractors.
    A customer at no time should be put into this situation, it is unacceptable and has put me under considerable stress and anxiety. I therefore notify Eircom that the service is no longer required and demand that you cancel the account, direct debit and all links with me immediately.

A copy of this document has been lodged with Comreg, published on Boards.ie and also with the Consumer watch dog

I call upon Eircom to respond and to resolve this situation forthwith.

Hello Equinista

I would like to apologise for the disappointing experience you have had to experience so far.

Upon lodging an official complaint with eircom and comreg the advised timeframe for an official response can take up to ten working days.

If you would like to PM me your eircom account number I will escalate this to our complaint team and request urgency.

Thank you

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭RORY O CONNOR

I was about to go back to Eircom but not now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Rory
    sorry to hear this and yes above case is pretty bad. In by far the majority of orders these cases go through without a hitch. Unfortunately when they do go wrong they often end up here with us.
    All I can say is that if you have any queries at all to let me know here.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭RORY O CONNOR

Hi Rory
    sorry to hear this and yes above case is pretty bad. In by far the majority of orders these cases go through without a hitch. Unfortunately when they do go wrong they often end up here with us.
    Tony
    Yes that's all fine and good but I am not prepared to take the risk-Eircom's reputation is very poor as it is and now this. 

Hi Rory
    Tony
    Yes that's all fine and good but I am not prepared to take the risk-Eircom's reputation is very poor as it is and now this. 
    Ok RORY
    well if these is every anything we can do here just let us know.
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

Reminds me my own battles with Eircom..The only reason I don't leave is that there is no better options out there..at least my line is working fine but billing issues and customer service...better don't get me started..

Seamus1964 wrote: »
    Reminds me my own battles with Eircom..The only reason I don't leave is that there is no better options out there..at least my line is working fine but billing issues and customer service...better don't get me started..
    Seamus1964, if you continue to have any issue just let us know here. We will do our best to resolve any query for you.
    Tony

Advertisement