Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters application

Options
  • 11-02-2015 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Has anyone dealt with with the pac.ie portal for application to Masters courses? I applied for three and got into 1 (my third choice). The status of the others hasn't changed yet. Still stuck on " Your application for this programme has been forwarded to the relevant Department/School in UCC for consideration." I need to accept the one I got before the 13th but I obviously want to wait it out for the course that I would prefer.

I guess my questions are:
    should I have heard by now? The course site says places will be given after the 30th of January.
    Is the fact that I havn't declined the one I got affecting my chances?
    Does the status update if you are declined?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

Varies depending on the course. Some didn't update till nearly June.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 anubhav

Can I accept multiple offers from different universities.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

Has anyone dealt with with the pac.ie portal for application to Masters courses? I applied for three and got into 1 (my third choice). The status of the others hasn't changed yet. Still stuck on " Your application for this programme has been forwarded to the relevant Department/School in UCC for consideration." I need to accept the one I got before the 13th but I obviously want to wait it out for the course that I would prefer.

I guess my questions are:
    should I have heard by now? The course site says places will be given after the 30th of January.
    Is the fact that I havn't declined the one I got affecting my chances?
    Does the status update if you are declined?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

The same happened me 2 years ago. I accepted one, and when I got offered the one I wanted I accepted it and cancelled the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Finance Grad 2015

You can only have one active acceptance. But you can accept one now, and leave the other 2 applications open and you can still be offered one of those.

Advertisement