Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Always workout no major result

• 11-02-2015 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I work out 4-5 days a week. Hard work outs. Circuit training classes and intense training not much cardio. I weigh just under 9 stone and I'm 5ft 4 . Female. I'm in pretty good shape but I would like to see better results. Can't get my body fat down it stays the same. My eating is good . What can I do to get the results I'm looking for . ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Sammylan wrote: »
    I work out 4-5 days a week. Hard work outs. Circuit training classes and intense training not much cardio. I weigh just under 9 stone and I'm 5ft 4 . Female. I'm in pretty good shape but I would like to see better results. Can't get my body fat down it stays the same. My eating is good . What can I do to get the results I'm looking for . ?

What are better results if you're in good shape?

What would a typical day's food look like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,286 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Are you going by the scales or actual body fat to determine it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sammylan

Exactly what I eat

Breakfast
    Bowl of all bran
    Two egg whites
    Banana

Lunch
    Breast of chicken
    Soup

Dinner
    Meat maybe chicken, steak etc veg and sweet potatoe or brown rice

Two protien shakes everyday
    2 litres of water

I just feel I should look better I still have a bit of a belly it's not comoletely toned. I just don't see how I can do anymore and why I'm not seeing the results

Are you going by the scales or actual body fat to determine it?

I'm going by body fat but it's not moving down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Exactly what I eat

Breakfast
    Bowl of all bran
    Two egg whites
    Banana

Lunch
    Breast of chicken
    Soup

Dinner

Two protien shakes everyday
    2 litres of water

I just feel I should look better I still have a bit of a belly it's not comoletely toned. I just don't see how I can do anymore and why I'm not seeing the results

Firstly, there is the issue of why you feel like you should look better if you feel you're in good shape. Numbers are numbers. But only you can answer why exactly you think there is anything to improve.

Also, you say you're measuring body fat. If it's one of those scales, while I appreciate you're looking at a trend, there are too many variables that will affect a reading on a given day.

The answer might lie in how much you have though I don't necessarily think there's going to be much over. MyFitnessPal would be useful there to give you an idea. Don't think there is any need for the protein shakes given the protein you're getting on board from food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭helliwen

Without knowing what bodyfat percentage you're at, maybe you're already at a point where your body "doesn't want to" go any lower - a little bit of a "belly" is normal for women. These fat stores are necessary for hormonal function.

helliwen wrote: »
    Without knowing what bodyfat percentage you're at, maybe you're already at a point where your body "doesn't want to" go any lower - a little bit of a "belly" is normal for women. These fat stores are necessary for hormonal function.

I'm 23 percent body fat. I'm very healthy looking not in anyway skinny I would just like to be able to see my abs. I would like to get down to 19 percent. Anything below that is bad for hormonal function

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

I'm 23 percent body fat. I'm very healthy looking not in anyway skinny I would just like to be able to see my abs. I would like to get down to 19 percent. Anything below that is bad for hormonal function

:confused: Where did you hear this?

If you want to see abs you need <10% bf so how do you expect to see them if you only want to get to 19%?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Calories at a guess
    Exactly what I eat

Breakfast
    Bowl of all bran
    Two egg whites
    Banana
    300cals

Lunch
    Breast of chicken
    Soup
    300cals

Dinner
    500cals

Two protien shakes everyday 200cals
    2 litres of water

So about 1300 calories, which is about your BMR I'd say.
    You should lose weight at that level, as you'd burn 300-500 more than that per day. But you'll need to be like that everyday, any slip and you set yourself back a lot.
    Thats the issue when you are; a) smaller, and b) close to your goal. The margin for error is very small
    :confused: Where did you hear this?

If you want to see abs you need <10% bf so how do you expect to see them if you only want to get to 19%?
    Yeah, you might want to check your info there. This bro-science at its finest.
    10% body fat to have is a rough rule of thumb for guys, but all people vary. Trying to apply it as a concrete rule for a women is ridiculous.

10% for a women is approaching the minimum necessary to survive.
    If an athletic women could achieve that, they'd be absolutely ripped to shreds. It's not going to be possible to get that low*.
    If 10% is the magic number for guys. Then 20% would be the equivalent for women.

A fitness model might be 15-17% when ready for a photoshoot/comp. Top athletes would be similar. Around that range, hormone function might start to be affected.
    This is a female, DXA verified at 17.x%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Mellor wrote: »

10% body fat to have is a rough rule of thumb for guys, but all people vary. Trying to apply it as a concrete rule for a women is ridiculous.

If an athletic women could achieve that, they'd be absolutely ripped to shreds. It's not going to be possible to get that low*.
    If 10% is the magic number for guys. Then 20% would be the equivalent for women.

A fitness model might be 15-17% when ready for a photoshoot/comp. Top athletes would be similar. Around that range, hormone function might start to be affected.
    This is a female, DXA verified at 17.x%

Didn't see the female part in the OP sorry.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    Calories at a guess

So about 1300 calories, which is about your BMR I'd say.
    You should lose weight at that level, as you'd burn 300-500 more than that per day. But you'll need to be like that everyday, any slip and you set yourself back a lot.
    Thats the issue when you are; a) smaller, and b) close to your goal. The margin for error is very small

A fitness model might be 15-17% when ready for a photoshoot/comp. Top athletes would be similar. Around that range, hormone function might start to be affected
    I think this may be exactly it why my body isn't lowering in fat percentage . I occasionally treat myself I though because I was training I could get away with it . Treat being a takeaway or some sweets once a week. I'm going to drop everything for a month and see how I get on . Thanks this has helped

Advertisement