Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel system for newborn and 28 month old?

Options
  • 11-02-2015 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Wife is due number 2 in April,number 1 will be 2 years 3 months then. We have an Uppababy 2013 sysytem,very happy with it,still use it regularly.We want to get out and about when weather improves around May and wondering what do others advise? Heard about the rumble seat but not sure if this works with car seat or bassinet(read that the 2015 Uppababy version is much better for this). Buggy board is handy but not practical on the footpaths/roads were we live. Dont really want to buy a whole new system so just looking for others advice especially those with 2013 Uppababy sytem.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I had a 24 months gap between 1 and 2 and again between 2 and 3 and I found the out n about nipper fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I also have a 2013 uppababy. The rumble seat is compatible with the car seat and the stroller seat but not the bassinet. As you said, they've updated this for the 2015 model but that's no good for us!

After a bit of research and asking here and hearing other people's experience we're going to buy the rumble seat and give it a go. I'm not convinced but I don't want to buy another buggy as I like the vista in so many other ways so I'd like to try it.

Baby number two is due in May and there'll be 23 months between babas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Yeh, same as you. Will prob buy the rumble seat but not fully convinced. But better than buying a whole new buggy. And it'll be handy when one of us take the 2 kids out for walks. I think there's a newborn insert we can buy for the uppababy, not sure but.

toby2111 wrote: »
    Yeh, same as you. Will prob buy the rumble seat but not fully convinced. But better than buying a whole new buggy. And it'll be handy when one of us take the 2 kids out for walks. I think there's a newborn insert we can buy for the uppababy, not sure but.

There is - I have it on my list to purchase :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Woshy wrote: »
    There is - I have it on my list to purchase :)

Do you know were it can be got?

• Advertisement

toby2111 wrote: »
    Do you know were it can be got?

I actually haven't looked into it enough yet. We're getting our rumble seat from tony Kealy's but they don't do the newborn insert (in fact they denied it's existence!). I've seen them online though (I'm sure I saw them on Amazon) so will try source it somewhere there

It's actually on the tony kealy website but out of stock!

http://tonykealys.com/uppababy-snug-liner-white.html

I'm going to ring them about it I think. The guy we dealt with the day we went in was pretty bad, it has to be said especially as the staff there are usually quite good

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

I got the newborn insert from bella baby. I had to move my tall boy to the stroller seat before he was too sturdy sitting up so it was handy for that.

Advertisement