Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Move Kitchen island with hob

• 11-02-2015 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Is it worth considering a kitchen island that has a hob on it and an extractor fan overhead? .I want to move it a few foot so it is more central.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,119 ✭✭✭893bet

Not sure what you asking?

It is worth considering though as I think they look fantastic when done right! Things to consider. You will need to bring power to the island underground to power the hob. This means digging up the kitchen floor. You will also need to bring power over head to power the extractor. Assuming you have timber floors this is not too much trouble.

You will need a new extractor also as your old one wont work centrally as it is a wall hung one. You need an island/ceiling hung one. These are alot more expensive (400 euro minimum).

They are fab though and I will be putting one into my new build.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

pixie26 wrote: »
    Is it worth considering a kitchen island that has a hob on it and an extractor fan overhead? .I want to move it a few foot so it is more central.

Sounds great, but you will should consider the following:

1) The cable for the hob will have to be routed through the floor.
    2) The route for the ducting for the extract can be complicated. There are some extract fans that do not require ducting, but the general consensus is that they are pretty ineffective.
    3) If taking a supply over for the hob it would be an idea to consider bringing a supply over for a socket (or two on the island).

Advertisement