Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

potato starch

Options
  • 11-02-2015 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Any know of any shops that stock potato starch?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

It might be available in an Asian Store, they sell many types of starches.

What kind of recipe do you need it for??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Is it for a coeliac diet or for a recipe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Health food store or polish shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

thanks folks, its for gut flora health

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

tried 3 health food shops and one polish shop with no luck. All had flour but no starch.

If anyone has other suggestions let me know.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭squonk

Where are you? I'd look for an Asian supermarket or large store. There's on on Henry Street in Limerick that has big bags of the stuff. I pop in there often and can't veryify this for sure. I'm sure Dublin/Cork will have more than a few equivalent businesses. I'm not so sure about Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Don't know where you are based, but evergreen in Galway have it. They callmit potato flour, but it is basically potato starch. I buy it for potato dumplings.

http://www.evergreen.ie/advsearch/index?keywords=potato%20starch

I've frequently have bought it in Polish shops, too but always had to ask as I don't have any Polish and a lot of the stuff isn't labelled in Englsh or any other language I understand and I always forget to keep the pack for reference.

Edit: Holland & Barrett stock it, too: http://www.hollandandbarrett.ie/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=3104&prodid=3727

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

The Asian supermarket in Rathmines stock it, as would most I imagine

Advertisement